felt so mean y'day

trixipaws

Reaction score
one of our cats has REALLY thick fluffy fur, she's also (we think) mentally disabled (we got her from a rescue center she'd been kicked in the head as a kitten- and she behaves like the cat equivalent of someone severely disabled)

because of how she is and her type of fur she can end up carrying around a lot of loose fur, and also she can get dreadlocks in it! but she hates being combed and dont even like being touched really so she wont let us come near her.

but it has to be done sometimes- otherwise she'd be in a right mess! so yesterday my boyf combed her (i was on pulling-fur-out-of-comb duty) :cry: i feel SO BAD when we do this! coz she cries and squeals and hisses at us, and she tries to bite and scratch him so he has to pin her down by the back of her neck. its for her own good of health, but she makes such a fuss its like we're torturing her :cry: it makes me cry nearly!

but we all got thru it (my boyf lost a bit of blood as her claws went thru his dressing gown AND joggy bottoms!) and now she has lovely silky fur :cheer: and the amount of fur i collected- WOW! we could hav built another cat out of it! lol

oh if anyone has any tips how do do this with less cat stress and less boyf blood loss would be appreciated thanku!

catnip! Get her stoned on catnip and she'll let you do anything lol, theres loads of cat toys you can buy that has catnip in it, just let her play with it and fall in love with it for a bit and then get to work :lol:

scissors, my cat had this... :(

they look stupid for weeks but it works..

i just cut it out in chunks

Take her to the vets and they will give her a sedative and do it- she would need to stay in for a couple of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back