neighbour rant for me too

Sandi4Paul

Reaction score
well everyone else seems to be so i thought i would too!

As some may have read we got adopted by a cat last weekend, by the state of it we quite honestly thouht it was a stray that had been abdoned or run away.

yes it was wearing a coller, but there were no details on it. It was skin and bone, it stank of urine (obviously not grooming itsself) and it had mattd fur everywhere. it was also trying to get into our house to get to our cats food.

So we kept it inseide and rang one of the local cat rescue agencies. they said keep it in over the weekend and take it to the vet on monday and they would collect it after wards.

Over the weekend we called the cats protection league and made an appointment with the vet to drop it off.

It turned out to be elderly, no micro chip, kidney problmes, thyroid problmes and bad teeth (so bad it couldn't eat). They wanted to put it to sleep right away we asked for a few days grace to see if we could find its owners.

We did called the RSPCA and registered its details, checked the internet and put posters up. We were about to start door to door whe the vet called and said it really needed to be put down right awy as it was in so much pain. so we agreed (not ideal, but we hadn't found the owners).

Anyway kept the posters up (didn't do door to door) so that if the owners contacted us we cuold at least tell them waht had ahppened.

yesterday they did, it turned out to be our neighbours from about 6 doors down. We apologised, explained and gave them all the details as we had been told by the vet. they were upset (she had had the cat 18 years), apparently their way of looking for it was to walk around the neighbour hood calling its name and nothing mroe.

Last night she came over drunk and really had a go at me, appaently the only reason she didn't deck me cos i was pregnant, but she now hopes i give birth to a crippled baby. her daughter was with her and said i should take it seriously as she was a witch (should that be spelt with a B?) and was cursing me. Also that were our cars really safe on the driveway (try it sweatheart we have cameras on the drive way)

Apparently the cat has been in pain for about 6 months and several members of her family have suggested putting it to sleep but she wanted it to die naturally and in pain. that doesn't agree with what i was brought up to believe regarding animals in pain (but everyone is different), so i feel we did the right thing, and she doesn't!!

Have to admit it deosn't worry me waht she has said but cant say i will be popping over there for coffee anytime soon!

Anyway this is getting long so i had better stop.

Sandi

:hug: :hug: well sounds like u did the right thing. hope ur neighbour comes to her sences and doesnt bother u anymore

What an evil cow! Some people are so selfish when it comes to animals :x That made me SO mad reading that!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

it's her that needs putting down! Fancy saying that about your baby :shock: :shock:

what a nasty, cruel, biyatch :twisted: :twisted:

that poor cat too :cry: :cry:

Ergh what a bitch! And lier too.

:hug: You did the right thing no animal should be left to suffer no wonder it was so small if it couldn't even eat it was in that much pain poor thing.

Horrid woman. I understand it must be upsetting for her but no need to act like that.

Do you think the vet would pop round and see her to explain :think: .

By the sounds of it the vet would have put it down as soon as they'd examined it and come to the diagnosis. It was only down to you asking for a few days grace that it actually got to live a few days longer :roll: Some people are so backwards :evil:

It's not cost her anything and you delibertaely delaid it being put down (which wasn't any of your responcibilty anyway so the vet could have just done what they wanted and she'd have never known anything about it :roll: ) so if how she can 'make it' your fault or anything to do with you I really don't know :talkhand: Some people just aren't wired properly :shock:

Blimey that woman sounds insane! How awful of her to say those things to you!!

If the cat had been picked up by someone else she may never have known what had happened, or the comfort of knowing that the cat had spent it's last days with love and respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back