Gutted about new birthing ball!!! *Rant*

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :D

I think I have been had! :shock: I went to the little ones fair at haydock park this weekend and I bought a birthing ball! It was on special offer and was part of a package that included Tens hire. You get the birthing ball now and then the tens gets delivered 3 weeks before the birth...

Great! :D

I got the ball home and have inflated it and it is tiny!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I am 5'8 and a size 20. The ball they had at the show was huge, when I sat on it I felt very secure ( the circumfrence of this ball was massive) so i though great! The ball I have at home is so small that when I sit on it I feel like I am on the floor and because the circumfrence is small I feel like I am about to fall off it! I have sent an e-mail to the company ( we only inflated it at 800!) and I hope to get a response tomorow.

I think it is unfair for them to use a display ball which is at least 2 times bigger than the one they give you! All the paperwork they have given me streses that your hips have to be higher than your knees on the ball!!!!!!

ARGH!!! Why do companies have to let you down all the time!?????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lyndsey

Thats is horrible! Fancy cheating someone who is pregnant and buying something for the birth, to help ease the pain. Arrgghh stupid company! They need a good kick hun... hope you get your money back :hug: xx

Oh what a pain!

It's probabaly no consolation but the hospital should have them for when you're actually in labour, in fact I wasn't allowed to take my own in.

They had loads of the 'large' (for women 5' 8" and over). I had to use one but at 5' 1" I kept rolling off cause my feet didn't touch the ground! :rotfl:

:shock: How cheeky!

Your right to complain, it's false advertisment for starters :evil:

You paid for it so tell them you want the big one like you paid for :evil:

Idiots :roll:

What gits!!!! thats out of order. :wall:

However unless it was clearly stated that the one on display was the one you would be getting, and the circumfrance of the one you got isnt on the packet clearly for you to see then it wouldnt be seen as false advertising by law, but from personal veiw yes it is false and they should let you know that they differ more clearly.

awww thats crappy, i hate it when ppl do things like that! grr

aww hun its horrible when they take advantage of us preggers women! Hope u et ur money back hun xxx

thats bad hun hope you get it sorted xxxx

Just spoke to the guy and he reckons this birth ball is for people up to 6ft!

He reckons that I have not inflated it enough and I should take it to the garage.... " it is anti burst so fill it right up!" :shock: :shock:

I will tell hubby what he has said when he gets home!!

At the min this ball is really full and is still small, I can't pump any mor air into it.... I will see what happens when hubby gets home......

Anyone else got a birth ball??????

I havent got a birth ball but think I might get one!!!

Hope you get it sorted mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back