GTT

saralou5

Reaction score
Just come back from my GTT, all went well and it wasn't as bad as all the horror stories I've read :). The worst thing about it was being grumpy because I couldn't eat :mad:. Haha!
Lucozade at 8:15am though is not something I'd do again unless I had to! Talk about heartburn!
xxx

Pardon my ignorance - but what's a GTT?? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Its a Glucose Tolerance Test, to test for Gestastional Diabetes between around 25 and 28 weeks. Not everyone has to have it, only if you've got family history, or ur baby's on the big side, etc..

Oo, also, glad to hear it went well SaraLou! Ive got mine in a couple of weeks - what actually happens? Is it bloods?

Glad it went well, mine is in 3 weeks.

Mine goes something like this - fast from 10pm the night before, go into hospital at 9 and have blood taken then get given a sugary drink and sit in waiting room for 2 hours and then another blood test. I'm also having my 28w bloods done whilst I'm there. Absolutely dreading it as I hate having blood taken at the best of times and not having eaten either is likely to make me feel really faint :/

I had mine last Wednesday and it was fine. I had to sit in the waiting room for two hours in between the two tests, which was kind of dull but I felt fine. A tiny bit weird at one point, but that was probably hunger. I should have results by now, but my MW said she'd only ring if there was a problem. My dad has diabetes, so I had to be tested. Fingers crossed there will be no bad news to come.

I got this test on Monday, so glad to hear it went well for u. Mine is due to having a high bmi. Xx

Mine's just because my Mum has Diabetes so it's a precautionary thing, hopefully everything comes back ok. Wasn't allowed to eat from midnight last night :(. I went in, had some blood taken, drank a load of lucozade, sat around in the surgery for two hours then had more blood taken then went home :).
That's what the nurse said to me too KarenC, no news is good news haha!
But each person reacts differently, one of my friends passed out during hers! I may study Drama but I don't make Dramas haha!

Make a pregnancy ticker

glad it went well yoru braver then me x

I have to have mine cos of a family history. Not really looking forward to it, love my food too much! Im munching like I haven't eaten for months atm! :/

Aha! I had a binge the night before so I wouldn't get too hungry, well that was the theory. Didn't work LOL. I'm like a bottomless pit at the mo!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

The nurse told me to eat as close to 10pm (my cut off time) as possible but think if I do that I won't be able to sleep lol.

my cut off time was midnight, but I didn't eat any differently from normal - so I ate dinner at about 7.45pm and had a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits at around 8.30pm. I don't think it makes a huge difference to being hungry or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back