• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gtt

berit87

Reaction score
Bloody hospitals. Went for my GTT this morning. The woman could not find my veins (I did warn her I had a very bad experience last time hoping she would try harder) but no, she tried both arms several times until... I passed out!!! :wall2: It's the scariest feeling in the world! This is my second pregnancy and I have given blood plenty of times and it's never happened before. At least I guess that means that my blood sugar levels were so low I passed out so don't have to worry about diabetes :lol: Just needed a moan :) I hope I never have to give blood again!
And I went to see my old flatmate today (I moved out about 7 months ago to move in with my partner) and I still have tonnes of clothes there and I wanted to cry because I miss my clothes that don't fit me. I wanna feel sexy again and wear skinny jeans and argh.... I am such a sad loser!
How's everyone else holding up? :) x

oh yeah I had exactly the same thing, I wanted to cuddle up to OH in bed and couldnt cuddle face to face cos of the bump :( I started imagining what my tummy used to feel like and I wanted to cry. Ive found mysef saying "I want my body back" about 3 times in the last week. I used to love it, I dunno what changed.

I fainted at my GTT too. Im sure its not good for pregnant women to fast for that long.

I know exactly what you mean... I have been feeling so down about my body lately as well! And OH is always telling me how he thinks I look sexy and he loves my bump etc, he is trying really hard. But... I just want my old body back. I miss my clothes, I miss having a choice and looking good to myself in the mirror. Oh well...

I agree, I don't think it's good, I am not happy about it at all. I have already had one done and it was more than ok, I find it so unnecessary :(

OMG Im the same, I had to have 2 as well. Both absolutely fine.

I hate looking in my wardrobe and being like hmmm what shall I wear, and ony having the choice of 2 things!!!

Exactly, makes me depressed going out! Always bloody looking the same! OH is always fussing about his looks (he likes to wear nice clothes and look good etc :lol: ) and then there's me. I'll wear the clothes that I wore the day before yesterday today so tomorrow I can wear the ones I wore yesterday... I have already decided I am quickly going to join WeightWatchers after birth and start Pilates or something like that. It's a nice idea of going jogging but I already know I will not be doing that - after 2 times I would probably give up!

I threw up and nearly passed out at my GTT too - the MW totally ignored me when I asked her to pull the curtains round so everyone else didn't have to see me in such a state! Silly cow!

I packed my 'pre' pregnancy clothes in a couple of boxes and hid them in the loft to stop me looking at them and getting miserable!! its worked a treat but i still miss my body :(

Is there a reason i have not been offered a GTT test? (not that i want one!)

Is there a reason i have not been offered a GTT test? (not that i want one!)

I'm not sure... They're normally offered to women with a BMI of over 30 or if you've a history of gestational diabetes in your family I think. I had mine done about 26 weeks.

Ask your MW if you're worried - i'm sure that they will have given you the test if you needed it x

in my area you only get them if you have glucose in your urine, you know when you see the midwife and you take a pot of pee, they dip stick test them, which includes looking for glucose. So if its there twice then they refer for a GTT to check you havent got diabetes.

Some places automatically refer if youre in a high risk group for diabetes like a family history, higher BMI or if youve had diabetes in a previous pregnancy.

Last edited:
well my BMI is 27 and although i do have diabetes in my family, its more weight related so maybe MW doesnt see it as a risk, which im pleased about judging by the posts on here, they dont sound too pleasant :(

You're very lucky then! I didn't have glucose in my urine and with my last one my BMI wasn't too high and there's no family history and I still had to have it done at 24 weeks (down here in Brighton everyone has to have at least 1 and then if your BMI is too high then you will have at least 2 and up to 4 if your BMI is over 40.) Such a nightmare! x

I had one at 28 weeks but only because my dad has type 1 diabetes - it seems crazy that everyone has to have one where you are berit!

im pleased about judging by the posts on here, they dont sound too pleasant :(

Hehe! It's not sooooooooooooooo bad! I think the fact we weren't allowed to eat or drink anything other than water from about 10pm the night before just made us all weak! I've NEVER felt like that when i've had blood taken before! Although I wouldn't be signing myself up for another in a hurry! lol! Xx

same here lol, it wasn't THAT bad but I certainly don't want another!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back