GTT

Penstraze

Reaction score
Had my GTT yesterday it wasn't alot of fun, woman who did it was nice but useless I was the only lucky one where she managed to get blood first try although she really jabbed needle in bloody hurt! But the other girls she took a number of attempts to get any blood, one poor girl who was originally before me but after 3/4 stabs she couldnt get any blood from her so said she'd come back to her ended up being stabbed by her at least 6 times then she gave up and got a midwife in to try well she got the blood first try but my god what a nightmare midwife to get she barked orders at her put your arm here, move this do that etc then when she had got the blood she said put your thumb here and when girl didn't do it straight away she shouted at her 'thumb here, COME ON PUT YOUR THUMB HERE!!!' poor girl ended up in tears and going out the room cause she was embarrased made me so annoyed, Im so glad this woman doesn't work at my practise if I got to hospital in labour to find her as my midwife I think I'd turn round and go home again!!!
As I ended up first I got my blood taken again first at the end of the 2 hours and got to go fairly early god knows how long the other girls were there for and how many attempts it took to get the second lot of blood out! :roll:

I got a call this morning to say my results were fine, :cheer: Im so relieved was the one test I was really worried about cause have so much diabetes in my family!

Sorry to hear she wasn't very nice hun :hug: She obviously wasn't very experienced when it comes to taking blood. Some M/W's aren't exactly gentle when it comes to things like that, they can be a bit rough sometimes!
Great news that your results came back negative :cheer:

Thanks :hug: is such a relief to have it out the way and have the all clear have been dreading it for ages!

That great the results came back fine!! :hug: I was worried about my results as Ewan is diabetic but thankfully mine came back negative as well.

What a horrible MW! :x

Thats great news then :hug: I have my GTT tomorrow, how bads the stuff they make you drink? I think id cry too if someone was shouting at me like tht, how awful for the girl you saw! x

i,ve had two GTTs now and they've always come back fine, due another in a few weeks :shock:

glad your results came back ok, hope mine do! just out of interest, have you had any sugar in your urine when they tested it as mine came back ++++ last week hence the GTT

MissyRee said:
Thats great news then :hug: I have my GTT tomorrow, how bads the stuff they make you drink? I think id cry too if someone was shouting at me like tht, how awful for the girl you saw! x

At my hospital, it tatstes little more than like sweet orange squash :) Good luck :hug:

Glad your results are fine!!! :cheer:

fuffins1981 said:
At my hospital, it tatstes little more than like sweet orange squash :) Good luck :hug:

:hug: Thanks fuffins! I hope its a nice orange squash like taste then, orange squash is my fav drink so that would be fine with me :D x

Glad to hear you're all clear Penstraze :hug: :cheer: :hug:

& best wishes for yours too MissyRee, personally I find the drink tastes fantastic after having nothing all morning but water :wink:

Sorry to keep gate crashing your post Penstraze cant b bothered to make 1 just for me when its about the same thing lol, anyways had my GTT today it was disgusting!! I was gagging after half the bottle and after about an hour and 15mins i had to go to the toilet to throw up :puke: it made me feel awful, i got really hot aswell and noticed that the MidWifes had a fan for themselves but where all us pregnant ladies were we had no fan!!
I felt abit weak for throwing up when every1 else seemed to just be getting on with it, im still feeling abit worse for wear now! Did any1 else feel sick after drinking it or am i just weird lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back