Blood tests

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the GTT blood tests (diabetes) I've fasted from ten last night and have just had one blood test and been forced to drink a whole bottle of lucozade :(. Ooh it's vile.
I'm now waiting for two hours to have my next blood test, and feel like I'm going to throw up :(

Sorry pointless post but wondered if any one else had had the test ? Xx

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I had it thy measured out 420ml o lucozade for me! Glad i didn't have to drink the whole bottle I hate the stuf x

Hope it goes quick and u stop feelin sick

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

Yeh its a bugger waiting all that time but try to relax and dont move too much or that can mess up there results, hope everything comes out ok for you xx

Yep I had it too - really made me feel bad!!!

Luckily I didn't have to drink Lucozade, they gave me a glucose drink, as I can not tolerate Lucozade!!

They told me that only about 2 in 20 feel bad and it's a sign that your body is working as it should and doesn't like the massive dose of sugar. I felt Ill and had to lay down in a cool room! My results were unusual my midwife said- there was less sugar in my blood after the 2 hours!!! Good luck xx

I actually threw up after the 2nd set of blood tests! i dont mind lucozade but my non pregnant body doesnt cope well with the tests when ive not eaten and my pregnant body gets morning sickness when ive not eaten, lol, not a good combination! x

i have mine tomorrow and im gonna hate it. if i dont get to eat by 11am i feel queasy, i dont like lucozade or sugary stuff like it and i wont be happy if i puke lol cos ive managed not to for a few weeks now (im not counting the mouthful of foam that i had the other day). im gonna take a book to keep me entertained

I had GTT but drank the drink they provided. It wasn't actually that bad. Lucozade makes me belch like a bloke so decided against it. lol. It is a pretty crappy test but better that they are checking you instead of leaving it. It's all for you and your bubs health afterall. Hope you feel better soon.

Macdonalds made me feel better after! :):):) xx

I had 280ml of Lucozade (RANK) and i didn't need to fast! They said i just couldn't eat anything from when i had the lucozade until after my test (so only an hour).

I had to measure it myself and drink it an hour before the appointment. So there weren't any waiting around and could get on with my day! Glad i could eat too...otherwise i would have been STARVIN!

So weird how its different everywhere!

I had it too and wasent Lucozade they gave me it was some other flat type drink wasent as bad as expected to be honest I was worried about the not eating thing but I had a sandwich ready for after and was fine its the boring 2 hour wait in between that sucks!!

Hi ladies sooooo pleased that's over, I've been told no news is good news!
I did a detour to the kfc on way home, it was very much appreciated :). Xx

What do they make you do? I have my 28 weeks app bit later cause of Xmas think its 4th jan, just at my drs surgery to see midwife.. Will they do all this testing there or send you up hosp? She did mention taking bloods at that app! X

They will book you into the hospital and take 3 lots of blood two for your 28 weeks and one for the gtt test so your not actually having to have bloods taken twice. :) x

3 tubes of blood. God I struggle with one. I'll b asleep on floor then!! Lol

Haha i hate needles but its only one needle but three tubes the same as the earlier one, i hate it but managed... makes it worse that you haven't eaten when they take them :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back