GTT tomorrow and feeling ill

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok im feeling really crap , still got headache but of a funny upset tummy too , im nervous about tomorrow and i know ill have a panic attack got noone to come with me if im ill while there and i dont think i can go , im reallt stressed about it ! should i just ohone and cancel , im so scared its gonna make me sick then work expect me to go straight after

i feel so ill , and not just preggy ill i dont think :think:

what do i do girls :cry:

give the department a ring and say you aren't feling too well- can you postpone til next week. Can you arrange a date then when OH or a friend can go for moral support? :hug:

hey hon

if you're properly poorly, you should just wait til you're feeling better :hug: :hug:

i know some people here have had crappy experiences of it, but it really really really wasn't that bad when i went. i have no worries at all about having to have it again - and am actually quite looking forward to it, as its a valid morning off work... :dance: any excuse!! :)

please don't stress and worry yourself about it cos its truly not that bad and your LO will be feeling your stress too... :hug: :hug: :hug:

with feeling sick again its the fasting the drinking on a empty tummy thats scaring me ,

im sat here in tears i feel so bad :cry:

trying to get through , no answer :roll:

i only stopped eating at about 9pm...!! and you're not supposed to drink v much anyway - just little sips of water to quench thirst. i don't know what time your appt is tomorrow morning? i was seen immediately at 9am (despite kingston being a hell hole, they do look after the fasting blood test people v well) and had a big bag of crisps in my bag waiting for me the instant i was given permission to eat... i'm such a greedy pig though! i didn't feel ill from not eating - i just love food too much :oops: :oops:

8.30 am

i mean the drink the glucose drink on an empty tum , how much do u have to drink ?

it was probably about 3/4 pint - but i had ages to sit there and sip it... they didn't make me down it or anything! it just tastes like flat lucozade :) and even though my tummy was rumbling i didn't feel sick or anything. but then i wasn't pregnant at the time either - but ask my OH, i eat breakfast religiously in the morning and am not a happy girl til i've eaten it, and i was still ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

well gem its a bit late to cancel now..and u will have to go bk and have it done anyweays.. so its best u get it over n done with xx

Good luck tomorrow hun, hope all goes well & u manage to get it out of the way :) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

good luck sweetie - it'll be all over and done with soon :hug: :hug:

if i had someone to come with me i think id try , but if i get sick , im a way from home with noone to call ! i will fast and just see how i feel buy the time its time to leave , take me an hour to get to hossy that time of the morning and dont fancy driving is im feeling sick :wall:

aww good luck, it will all be over with soon enough :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh G3M, I'm so sorry if my earlier post (GTT from Hell) scared you! Please don't be scared--I've already had one successful test in 2004 and it was a breeze! It really depends on your hospital, and I'm sure you will have a far better experience than I did the other day. Just bring along a good book, your Mp3 player and screw it---a foot rest or something, incase they want you to sit in a straight backed chair like they wanted me to! I wish I could be there with ya. I bet you'll be on here tomorrow telling everyone how easy it went! :D

dont worry mags ,was scared anyway , im not good at drinking anything when i got a empty tum and its thats that worrying me , but im up , still ahvent eaten or drunk so im just gonna pray , hey if im sick , im sick :cry: funny thing is , i'll prob feel ill once ive eaten as it seems if i get too hungry or have a too empty tum then eat i feel reeally ill :wall:

im back :wave: and was told i couldnt work this afternoon :cheer:

test wasnt so bad , had proepr hunger pains and erm squits :oops: this morning but got to hossy mega early to save sitting and panicing in traffic.

drink wasnt too bad if u like lucazade :puke: but managed to drink it AND keep it down :cheer: think i went passsed being hungry and was just bloated from the drink , luckly my headache and stuff id been feeling last 2 days seem to have gone / got less .

had 2nd test and then drove home

just eaten and feel a bit sick and bloated now but hey i expected that :roll:

wasnt too bad after all the panic :roll: think it helped there was someone else there doing same at same time so we sat and talked , she's having twins !

got to rest now this afternoon , which i aint complaining about !

yep , u had to drink the drink still sitting in the chair where u had hya bloods done , nothing like pressure lol then had to just sit in the waiting room which luckly wasnt that full today ! she said i coulda sat outside in the air if i wanted but i wasnt to leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back