GTT tomorrow and feeling ill

thats just sh*t! charlotte will have to have a little bit of time off then..

might not be same at yours ! ring the clinc and ask ! tbh, i doubt u will feel like taken her , after the amount u ahve to drink on a emty tum u feel a bit sloshy and woosy lmao

cant believe they make u sit there for 2 hrs..how boring

Why are they testing you anyway? Your're not overweight so I don't suppose your more at risk of gestational diabetes than anyone else. Have you asked why you have to have the test.

Your'e having a hard enough time as it is, don't have the test unless you really need it.

I'm fat but I'm not having mine till 28 weeks!! :x

ok im feeling completely clueless reading this post... what is the this test for? does everyone have it? or is it for certain conditions or ppl at risk or something??

hahah at im not overweight ! ive lost 2 stone and im still 14.10 so yes im heavily overweight ! my face is the only part of me that isnt fat ! noone ever beleives me that im a size 18-20 !

ive been tested early due to a high glucose level in a previous bloods and they just wanna make sure

peeps have it who usually have a high bmi ( i do but usually this would be done at 28 weeks ) , or a familly history , or homebirth etc usually its not done till 28 weeks and only before if youve had high levels or glucose in your wee alot

im sure they will be and previuos ones have been stress or something :cheer:

well done hun, i bet your glad its over.. :hug: I was also told to sit and read or something for two hours and not go walkies or shopping or anything, and not burn fat or raise metabolism which could affect the result! Whole point is to see how effectively your body uses up the energy and burns the sugar!

Please don't be worried about the GTT. It's so easy.
I just had to drink a can of Lucozade. Literally. That was it.
Walked around for a while and then went back and did a wee.
Easy peasy.
If you're really not well, see if you can postpone but please don't worry about the test. Lxx

Doh! Just realised you've already done it!
Bravo!

yeh i did :D glad i did , gave felt rough today after as i was mega hungry this afternoon and pigged out then :wall: u got a can ! i got a jug and polysteren cup lol

How you feeling now G3M? glad it went ok today, so is that the last lot of tests or is there more to come?

i was told i am having my bloods done at my 28 week scan.. but nothing was said about a glucose test and not eating so many hrs before... should i call the antenatal clinic and double check i'm not getting this done... i have a little bit of a high BMI.. but never any problem with my blood tests before or my urine tests... ????

they would make it very clear if it was gtt , as u there for hours ! but u can always check !

feeling a tad betetr , didnt sleep last ngiht think thats caused my sickness today !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back