GTT Test tomorrow

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Not looking forward to this one.

Anyone had one and can tell me what to expect?? Think Im more worried about not being able to eat or drink after 10pm tonight more than anything, I love my breakfast :lol: But on the plus side as from tomorrow i will be in double digits 99 Days to go!!!!!!

I have mine in Jan so will look forward to reading the replies too. Good Luck hun hope it goes ok. xxxxxxxx

Do we all have to have these ? I've noticed a few posts about this recently its not something my midwife has mentioned as yet

When I had mine, I had a blood test, then had to drink a certain amount of lucazade then sit in waiting room for two hours, then have another blood test. Just make sure you take something to eat for as soon as you're done :) xx

I was wondering if everyone has to have one of these too? I didn't know about it.

You have it if you have people in your family that have type 1 or 2... or if you show glucose in your wee at anti natal appts...you dont routinely have it :) xx

I had this done with my first. You have to not eat anything, which was so hard for me lol. Drink a big bottle of lucozade - gross - then have 3 lots of bloods taken, once every 3 hours. That's what they did for me anyways. Defo take a book or magazine/ipod etc with you coz it's lots of sitting around not eating lol

Forgot to say I had mine done because at a routine midwife appt at 28 weeks, she measured me and I was measuring 36 weeks. I already knew there was alot of fluid, but she wanted to rule out a huge baby too! Luckily, I had a normal size baby, but unluckily I was measuring so big coz I was polyhydramnios which was bloody horrendous!

i gotta have this in feb coz my dad has diabetes and im a bit worried about the starving myself which makes me ill when im hungry also i normally love lucozade but during this preganancy it has made me sick so im a bit worried about throwing it all up lol...

someone else posted bout this in tri 3 i think and she said it made her ill and was sick everywere and she was taken to a bed on the wards!!

hope it goes well and let us know how u get on :) x

Ohhh I have to have it cos I have a BMI over 30 apparently this is what they do in my area (Lancashire) or if diabtes runs in the family. Im worried about being sick too i dont like lucozade really either. I need to eat to sort myself out! LOL

Ohhh I have to have it cos I have a BMI over 30 apparently this is what they do in my area (Lancashire) or if diabtes runs in the family. Im worried about being sick too i dont like lucozade really either. I need to eat to sort myself out! LOL

Dunno if this is close to you or not but had mine done at Fairfield Bury a few weeks back. I had to fast from 10pm the night before (but could have plain water), go in and have a bloods taken, have a glucose drink (it sort of had a tart lime flavour and was much better than I expected). Had to sit around for 2-3 hours which wasn't do bad because there were 4 other mums to be having the test at the same time. Ended up having a very nice baby chat. Another set of bloods were done and then I could go. Only thing I did was take an emergency sandwich so I had something straight away after it was over. Generally a much better experience than expected. They phone you in a couple of days if there's a problem otherwise you'll just get a letter through the post. Luckily mine was all clear.

Well I have been and wasent half as bad as I though apart from last night I woke up absolutely gagging for a drink (I got told no water!!) so ended up having a sip cos couldnt go back to sleep. Felt a bit faint this morning I like a brew and my breakfast before I start my day normally was was soon ok. As you said NinjaKitty was like a tart lime drink and gave me a bit of water too I drank it like I had been in the desert for 3 weeks LOL! Felt ok was a little light headed for half an hour or so after but fine after that. So definately not as bad as I thought.

On the plus side heart beat was good, shes measuring on par and only 99 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!! :) XXX

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought. Have to say I am dreading going for mine after xmas :-(

I was really dreading too but honestly its not bad at all, I was worried the drink was going to be like goupey etc but wasent at all just tasted like a crappy coridal or something! X

ive had one of these and got another near xmas. had to do the horrible drink and not the lucozade as it was done in hospital due to my bmi being over 30.
i wrote a post on my blog about it as it was such an interesting experience lol.
enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back