grumpy evenings

l_maclean

Reaction score
Ive just cuddled G to sleep!!! she's now in basket in the living room.

Thing is she's getting pretty good at the self settling during the day, - goes down awake without to much fuss really - she did this at 4pm today.

Has also developed a liking for her play gym now, and will lie in it quite contently - on a cushion though.

But in the evening she just wants cuddles!!!!! tried putting her to bed earlier and she just screams.

But come 10pm ish - she'll happily self settle in her crib.

Im not intrerested in controlled crying yet, or trying to force her to sleep earlier, but do you think its a bad habit to get into - if so how do i avoid it - particularly as its only in the evenings - during the day and bedtime we have no problems.
xxx

If its only once a day I wouldn't worry. Henry only seems to get to sleep at them moment if he is cuddled. He had self soothing down to a tee, but has gone backwards and just wants mumma cuddles. maybe she sees it as her reward for being a good girl all day! Lol!

I told DH, she'd decided that daddy home means cuddles. lol xxx

I think that at night they deserve to be cuddled to sleep, harry self soothes during the day and during the night but I want to cuddle my baby to sleep coz its a nice thing to do!! Lets face it when he is 18 he wont want me cuddling him to sleep will he!!
xxx

I'm getting a bit worried about my LO as today she hasn't wanted to be put down but her colic is bad today and she sleeps through the night on her own ok - fingers crossed now for tonight.

My LO has always been grumpy late afternoon/evening. He takes naps perfectly during the day then around 4/5 he gets grumpy as anything & fusses. He gets his night time bottle & fusses a bit more, he doesn't cry just kinda whinges & shouts. Im kinda stuck in the middle, because he fusses for so long, i'm not physically able to sit with him all that time, coz have to look after other LO, so I just try & pop in every 5/10 mins & let him know i'm still about.

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back