Fighting Sleep!

Rachaellius

Reaction score
I need some tips!

For the past couple of weeks it has been a nightmare to get Phoebe to nap during the day! I used to be able to just put her in her swing when she showed signs of being tired but she wont sleep in it now she just screams. She won't self settle in her cot, again she just screams.

The only way she'll sleep during the day just lately is if she feeds to sleep but thats really difficult too cos she's being a nightmare taking her milk too just lately, she keeps flailing her arms about and screaming trying to get her fist in her mouth at the same time (teething I presume).
Or she'll sleep if I take her for a walk in the pram but even that takes a while and obviously I can't always do that.

Any tips for self soothing and daytime naps PLEASE!?

Have a look at the sleep breeds sleep thread. There's a few ideas on there from Sams girl.

I agree with Poppy that thread and the info on there has helped me. If she's being a nightmare with her feeds and trying to chomp her hands maybe it is teething, have you tried some bonjela gel or Nelsons powders? Angel will fall asleep then try to chomp on her hands while her dummy is in and them gets stressy because her dummy has fallen out. She used to be a nightmare with naps and I think its because I didn't time it right, if I put her down when she's just starting to get tired usually she'll go down with no fuss. I told HV about this and she asked if put her down at the same time everyday and I said no and she said that could be why so I'm trying to encourage a flexible routine and if she wakes after 30 mins, instead of picking her up straight away, try to put her down again. Hope you're ok xx.

Thanks for the tips, I'll go have a nosy at that thread. Yeah I think maybe timing is key, but I've tried putting her down as soon as she shows any signs, yawning or rubbing her eyes and she just balls everytime I try and put her in her moses basket. She's always required feeding or bouncing, I think I've got her into bad habits :/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back