Grrrrrrrrr - My house... AGAIN!

Krystal

Reaction score
And here I am.. still no further forward with my house move. I have a sofa waiting to be delivered and no where for it to be delivered to. I am moving out on Friday into OH's parents house until ours is ready - IF it's ever ready :(

I'll explain.. I am doing a 75/25% shared EQUITY scheme through a housing association. We were meant to complete Friday 25th June. I left myself plenty of time in this house as we had it up until the 7th July.. or so I thought.

A week before it turns out that the housing association can't own a property without a licence due to them being classed as a charity. So they applied for this licence which can take 6-8 weeks :shock:

This was not mentioned. They were offering shared equity schemes without even being able to complete.

Obviously I want this house.. I love it so much but if it carries on for too long we may be forced to pull out. I mean even out mortgage offer runs out Sept/October time.

Surely if we have to pull out I can take some sort of claim against the housing association for costs incurred.. cos I will lose solicitors fee's plus carpets and i've bought a blummin sofa I would not have bought if I was not moving into this house. Does anyone know?

Anyway I needed a bit of a rant about it. Really annoying me! Everything else is ready to roll!

When did they apply for it - when will the 6-8 weeks be up?

And how come your profile pic is really pixely today?
:hug:

They applied for it at the start of June.. thats what they said anyway.. we'll see :talkhand:

I dunno newmum.. hey how come you haven't changed your UN to Avalon on here?

ok maybe I will :) I love your facebook pics of Jack. He is really cute! No wonder you want another.
Really hope your house thing sorts out. It must be so frustrating. Which sofa did you get? The one with red that you showed on here?

Perhaps their trying to get out of it for fear of putting themselves in to NE??

aww thanks newmum :hug: Yes it was the sofa with the red on it, was expecting it to take 6 weeks.. it took a week. Typical. when you want it to come quick it doesn't :wall:

Jenny.. I hadn't really thought of that but I don't think so. They are being as good as possible offering to pay our storage costs and any other costs we incur due to being in temp accomadation. I haven't taken them up on their offer as a friend is storing out things but sure they would be making it as hard as possible if they wanted to pull out. It's just there is nothing they can do until this licence comes through and thats a goverment ruled thing so whoever issues it isn't really bothered about the fact i'm waiting to move lol. It's just i'm annoyed they didn't realise they needed this licence before they offered the scheme. There are a few others on the same site in my position too. :)

Have they sent you proof in writing as to when they applied for this licence? If they applied at start of June thats 6 weeks now, so if they are being truthfull should be 2 weeks left MAX. I would ask for proof that they have applied for it and written confirmation as to when they are supposed to have the licence by (latest possible date) and ask them to commit to that date within 7 days that you want a completion date - Then you will know if their serious, if there not willing to give you any of this in writing then I would be worried personally.

Plus maybe im to untrusting but I would be questioning why as a reputable secure company they did not know they needed a licence to offer shared ownership?

Have you googled the company to see if anything dodgy comes up about them?

Plus I think if you pull out they are not obliged to pay costs, iirc its only if they pull out UNLESS its specified in the contract that if anything were to happen through a fault relating to them they will not be obliged to pay any costs incured. I take it you have a contract that you have signed?

Yeah we have copies of all correspondence.. well my solicitor does anyway. It's Tees Valley Housing Association and as far as I am aware are legal and above board. I checked with my solicitor re the contracts and pulling out, she is going to look into it for me. Like I said though I have no immediate plans to pull out but if my mortgage offer runs out and I cannot get a deal as good as I have now then it's something I shall have to consider.. thanks hun :hug:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Yeah we have copies of all correspondence.. well my solicitor does anyway. It's Tees Valley Housing Association and as far as I am aware are legal and above board. I checked with my solicitor re the contracts and pulling out, she is going to look into it for me. Like I said though I have no immediate plans to pull out but if my mortgage offer runs out and I cannot get a deal as good as I have now then it's something I shall have to consider.. thanks hun :hug:

Yeah your sol might beable to find a loop hole in the contract to use just incase you decide to pull out. I only asked about the contract as was going to ask if they had specified a completion date on it or left it open ended or something (it really should never be left open ended as technically it would mean they never had to complete!) if its a specific completion date and the breech it, then I think you may be entitled to some £££ this would be down the ''im gonna sue yo ass you crazy arse ho's'' route though lol. Im saying the company is dodgy so to speak but I would be worried going in to a scheme with a company who didnt even know they needed a licence for the scheme!! but thats just me im over cautious at times Ive been stung to many times!!

Contact mortgage lender and see if they will extend the AIP - they might say add 4 weeks on to it as a good will gesture, some do that - also double check its still valid as these offers are subject to change in circumstance and they can be pulled due to current climate issues - ive heard of a few branches (at my work) with irrate customers as when they have come in to get the mortgage it hasnt gone through as the circumstance has changed so much, though I think these are the more extreem ones (i.e getting 100% with a mortgage 5 times their wage etc)

Im sure its all fine if your sol is on the case, im just a worry wart :rotfl:

No your completely right.. if I had known they needed this licence before going through with it all no way would I have dealt with them but i'm at a point now where as soon as this licence comes through it's ready to be completed. I don't know about the completion date like you mentioned but will give the solicitor a call back and ask.

Great idea about calling the mortgage company :pray: that they do it although I would much prefer to have my home in the next few weeks!.

I love this forum.. always somebody who knows something about something :lol:

Yeah just ask your sol about the completion date if it mentions anything about it anywhere, by rights IMO IF it does not state anything anywhere or states TBC or No Date Set os something your sol should have raised this with you/them before you signed as while I say technically they dont have to complete, well they do as if you took them to court they would loose BUT they could drag it on for 12 months for example as they have the contract as back up that they have not agreed to a specific date although iirc its usually when you buy direct from builders they try and pull this fast one! Are the houses completley finished and who are they being built by?

I would deffo ring the mortgage company to check up on the offer though.

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I love this forum.. always somebody who knows something about something :lol:

lol your right, you always find your answer in some way shape or form :rotfl:

Yeah the houses were ready in June.. built by Circa houses. They are really pushing to get us in obviously and they are working alongside the housing association trying to get it pushed through but we'll just all have to be patient. It's not that I mind waiting as such it's just not knowing any definates

Oh hun that sucks! I really hope this gets sorted very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back