Grrrr not feeling it today......

What so it's not OK for men to be asked do much but it's OK for women? Erm. Nope. Lol. My hubby was raised by a single parent and didn't have the influence of the "male" father role. I did and unfortunately my mum did too much and I took after my father who developed a blindness to chores that needed doing. I mean I still did chores washed pots pit laundry on maiden ironing etc. But mum always tidied and now when I'm faced with a big lot to tidy I buckle where hubby is a whizz viz he was expected to do that as his mum worked nights!

Last edited:
And to prove a point I just patted myself on the back coz I noticed the kettle was put of place and I put it back. Where hubby would have done that without even noticing he'd done anything out the ordinary!! Lol

Last edited:
Not saying it's acceptable for women to have to do more housework but I have decided to accept it as my life as I'm sure many others have had to! My oh finishes work on the 13th for Xmas, I'm thinking he can take over for a bit and give me a break, we'll see how it goes! I did nearly leave to go and stay at my mums at one point when I couldn't cope but he might have died of malnutrition and I'd have come home to rubble where once was a house....lol xx

I'm happy to do most of the 'domestic duties' as I work far less hours than my husband, so I think that is fair. However, when we are both home we do equal shares, as I think that is fair too. So I work part time and have part time at home doing domestic stuff which equal the same hours as my husband, then when those hours are up we split things equally. We do have certain jobs each, for example I do laundry apart from his work clothes which he does himself. He mows the lawn, I do the gardening etc. We have already discussed how to work things with our little one too, I'll look after him when my husband is at work and when he is at home we will split the time equally. Of course little one may well have other plans but hopefully something similar to that can happen!

My husband is also perfectly capable of fending for himself, so I can go off and do other things. I couldn't be doing with someone so useless they couldn't do their own tea or laundry if I had a weekend away or something. He hates horses but he is also capable of doing mine for me and will do so if required which is a massive help at times too.

Yea equal should be the best way. When me and hubby first lived together everything was equal but as his hours dropped and mine increased he's begun to do much more which I admire him for. When baby is born I'm having 16weeks mat leave and he's having the other weeks upto the 52 your allowed.

And lol at your malnutritioned building site that would happen if you left him to fend for himself lol poor sod!

Oh my OH doesn't even know how to use the washing machine I wouldn't mind but he's 36 years old. He even on occasions once iv washed his clothes put them in the dryer (along with my clothes and my other three children's clothes) and when the dryers finished he will take all HIS stuff out and take it upstairs but leave the rest in there wow that irritates me.hes very much when he gets in from work "that's it my days done" sits in HIS seat on the sofa and doesn't move unless he wants the toilet or a drink. Iv stopped making his tea because when I did that he would stay on the sofa and expect me to cook it and deliver it to his knee. So some nights he doesn't even have his tea... well what a shock he's going to have come May when baby arrives lol (this is his first baby) xxx

Who says weekends are the best pffffft not me. So I'm currently working 6 days a week running my own business my partner wirks mon-Fri and when it comes to the weekend WOW don't I just know it's his two days off work he does absolutely NOTHING I get a Sunday off work that is it to which MY DAY OFF consists of stripping all the beds washing them drying them then remaking them. A million other loads of washing drying and putting away tidying the house top to bottom sweeping mopping hovering... well u get the general idea. I'm almost 18 weeks now still feel sick 24/7 and throw up of an evening he's just this minute got up off the sofa to get a shower etc when he's sat on the sofa in his dressing gown I'm fuming then he has the cheek to bring his work clothes down n hand them to me to put in the washer arghhgg ranting here sorry for venting xxx

You are going to be a super mum. You have a lot more stamina than me, busy lady. x

^^ what she said. My oh calls his mum super mum, now I know why! I am a contestant for the next super mum now :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back