Growth spurts and moving centiles

Marijana FC

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
Yesterday we took our little one to be weighed and realized that she moved from the 14th to the 25th centile in two weeks?! I am just wondering if that is normal? :think:
When she was born she was on the first centile (bless her) but had a spurt between 4 and 6 weeks and jumped to the 9th centile where she's been for 10 weeks before gradually climbing to the 14th.
Does this sound normal to you? I know it's not good when they go down centiles but what is the general wisdom when it comes to going up? Especially when her height stayed the same (50th centile from the 6th week) Am I overfeeding her? Is it possible to overfeed them when they are this young? Or am I just being completely paranoid? :D
Anyway, any ideas are welcome! :hug:

lil miss was on the 91st centile 2 weeks ago...this week shes off the charts :shock: I bf'd her....so no I've not been over feeding...she feeds as much as she needs...I don't think its possible to over feed them... and the 50th centile is fine.. you only need to worry if the go off the charts :shock: even so in my case everyone is tall in our family so theres no worry ther as its genetics... Don't worry your lo is doing fine atm :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back