Growth spurt?

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Charley was awake every 2 hours last night so I'm shattered!
I thought newborns only did this not 12 week old babies!!
Could it be a growth spurt? He's fine in himself, still smiling and giggling!!
He even took 6oz's on one feed and 3-4oz's on the rest so it was def hunger or is he just being a pain?!

OMG u must be shattered!! Alfie had started sleeping 10-7 but now he wakes up at 3ish, i can keep him settled for about an hr with dummy, but then he will need feeding or he will moan and murmer. Hadnt thought that, but it could be a growth spurt as he same age as Charley xx

I am shattered! My eyes are stinging so badly!! I'm really thinking about weaning him early to see if he'll go longer at night! Last night was the worst he's been.
Fed at 7.30, 10, 12, woke at 2 but used dummy until 3, then woke again at 5 then 7.30!! He had good feeds at all them times except the 5am but that was after him taking 6oz's 2 hours before!

I had a crappy night too! Fed Drake his hungry baby formula at 9pm and he had 7oz. He was stirring and starting to cry at 12 so I fed him and he had 5oz! (bare in mind he's gone without a night feed for 3 weeks now) then Stirring from 4am till 6am when I got up and have him 6oz. I'm wondering if this is the start of the 4 month sleep regression, he's 15 weeks on Friday!

Hope it's just a one off for you Hun!

I was thinking that Emma. Maybe charley's going through it a month early lol at least the 4 month regression won't affect me cos he hardly sleeps now as it is so I feel sorry for you cos drake's been sleeping through!
I've had to stop giving charley hungry baby cos he kept sicking it up. He's been fine since being solely back on sma gold!

Mmm I wouldn't call it sleeping through as he used to stir loads..the dummy would be fine for him to go back to sleep though..even if I had to do it a few times lol

Does Charley sleep well in the day? Perhaps you can have a nap with him. Xx

Tegan has been bad the last 2 nights she was sleeping 8.30pm till 6am but last night she was up at 11.30 1am 3am and 7am hope it is just a growth spurt! xx

well I'm weaning Herbie!! I'm lucky he is still sleeping all night but just having bottle after bottle in the day so been giving him breakfast then supper up to now and he loves it bless him so happy after dolly been a nightmare to wean.

What age did you start weaning him lanny?
This is my dilema now! I wanted to do blw at 6 months then changed my mind and thought I'd start puréed food from 4 months so have already been making things and freezing them but will still start solids from 6 months. Now I'm wondering whether to start from 3 months due to his lack of sleep! Lacey was weaned from 3 months and she was fine, has never had an allergy and is never sick. She's not fussy with food either and is a very healthy eater although she still loves chocolate! I know every babies different but I'm sure if Lacey was ok then surely charley will be?!

what does weaning mean? :blush:
and this 4 month not sleepin whats that?

what does weaning mean? :blush:
and this 4 month not sleepin whats that?

Weaning is when you start giving them solids or puréed food and apparently there's a 4 month sleep regression where babies start waking more in the night. Can be hunger or teething. Not all babies go through it. I never had that problem with Lacey as she still wasn't sleeping through anyway so didn't feel the difference! Lol

What age did you start weaning him lanny?
This is my dilema now! I wanted to do blw at 6 months then changed my mind and thought I'd start puréed food from 4 months so have already been making things and freezing them but will still start solids from 6 months. Now I'm wondering whether to start from 3 months due to his lack of sleep! Lacey was weaned from 3 months and she was fine, has never had an allergy and is never sick. She's not fussy with food either and is a very healthy eater although she still loves chocolate! I know every babies different but I'm sure if Lacey was ok then surely charley will be?!

I really want to do blw too but not sure if Drake will wait till 6 months! With early weaning does it mean you can't do blw? I haven't a clue as my other boys were on jars etc with the exception of the odd pureed cooked dinner.

Last edited:
I've just given charley some mashed up banana! He loves it! He's trying to eat his bib now!! Lol

5ac890ed-a5d4-2e2d.jpg

1st try, not too sure

5ac890ed-a5f0-50ee.jpg

Alot happier!

Hes getting annoyed when I stop feeding him and trying to eat his bib instead! So cute!

Bless him! Tegan is just so hungry, she's been on my Boob all morning then had 5oz of my milk from a bottle 30mins ago and is now on my Boob again! x

can u give little bits now n again like let him try something without accually startin to feed him with it?

i mean like i wanna fully bf til noa is 6 month but dont mind him trying diferent tastes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back