Growth scans

Bbybump16

Reaction score
Has anybody been having growth scans ? During my pregnancy last time my little boy was small but by the time I had him he was 7 pound which I class as a average size ! I can't remember what happens as it was 6 years ago will my consultant sit down n go through the scan after ?

I'm having growth scans starting at week 28. They want to monitor the growth of my baby as I have diabetes. I have been told that they won't let me go past week 38 regardless of what the growth scans are showing.
I've already had a detailed scan instead of the normal 20 week scan, 2 consultants looked at the results and then went through the resul.ts with me - well they tried to, though neither could string a full sentence together in English for me to understand. Hope you have better luck at your Hospital!! xx

I had growth scans with my first but they never went through them till the next appt, I guess if there was something wrong then they would talk to you, this time I have a consultant appt just after my scan.
Xxx

I'm having growth scans hun due to gestational diabetes. I have a consultants appointment after my scans and they go through the results with me each time xx

I have growth scans due to BMI & now suspected IUGR & have a consultant appt after every growth scan x

Hi there- I'm having a nightmare with growth scans- doctor couldn't see the back of our babies brain at 20 week scan so after another few failed attempts, we were referred to Fetal Medicine Unit where they thought there could be a problem and sent me for an MRI scan. Results came vack normal but despite another few growth scans at my local hospital where they are happy with babies development- (they have estimated her to be about 6lbs 6ounces at 40 weeks which is fine), the fetal medicine unit still want to see me as they still think something is wrong- argh!
On the plus side- I had regular growth scans with my 1st baby and was induced at 39 weeks as they estimated him to be around 4lbs... well he was 5lbs 15 ounces when born and perfectly healthy :)

I am having 3 as hypothyroid and raised BMI. 32,36 & 38 weeks seeing consultant after the 32 week one. Will be nice to see lo again. Don't wanna catch a peep at the sex though as want a surprise and everyone except the in laws are pushing for me to find out. Got a bit saved for gender appropriate clothes once here but I want OH to look and tell me what we made, but every time I see a cute outfit he is like well if you found out we could get it, grrr. I want a surprise ain't many in this life apart from getting pregnant (thought it would never happen to me).

I wasn't a high risk pregnancy but towards the end they thought he was very small for age got sent for growth scan at like 41w and he measured like 36w 4d. They were all panicy and he turned out fine, born 7lb 3oz.

I didn't have a consultant go through everything as it was normal they were just preparing for a really small baby.

He's 3 1/2m now and measured today at 28" LOL xxxxx

I'm getting them regularly for gestational diabetes. Normal practice is for me to have scan then have diabetes appt, where they would look over scan results and explain anything I was concerned about. Had one today and though femur length and head circumference are approx 75th centile, abdomen size was off the scale which made me concerned. Consultants said there's nothing to worry about, the measurements are pretty inaccurate with massive margin of error, and the estimations of baby weight when born aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Yeah it was around his abdomen they measured J from. He was average weight but slim, like his daddy xxxxx

Everyone at my hospital gets a growth scan between 32-34w. You book it after your 20w scan LOL!

I had mine bang on 34w and all was well [so no need to see a consultant], bub was estimated at 5lbs then and based on the 'gaining half a lb a week' I kind of expected an 8lb baby.

He was a week late and only 7lb 8oz bless him!

These scans are good things ladies, they are keeping an eye on your bub! Nothing to be afraid of and it is so lovely to see the little monsters again.

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Got my date for 1st growth scan 9th July will be 32 weeks.

Apparantley I get 2 due to bmi in hospital where I am goin 28 and 34 weeks I think x

i had a growth scan at 37 weeks with my daughter and they said she was 6lb 2oz then and to expect her to be just over 7lb at birth! so imagine my shock when they put her on the scales a day before her due date and she weighed 9lb!!!!! i had only one sleepsuit with me that fitted her! :)

My notes say growth scans at 28,32 & 36 weeks due to high bmi at start of preg they have decided no longer nessacery to have so many and I'm just having one at 36 weeks though they seemed reluctant not sure what has changed their minds !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back