growth scan today what to expect?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by LynseyM, Jun 26, 2013.

1. LynseyM

LynseyM Well-Known Member

going at 3pm for growth scan as i went to mw and measured 35cm and 3 weeks ago i also measured 35cm. what can i expect at this scan? anyone else have experience of it? thanks xxx

2. Clairabelle

Clairabelle Well-Known Member

I've been having regular growth scans from about 28 weeks. They just measure the circumference of the head and tummy, length of femur and also measure the fluid around the baby and from the measurements estimate a weight and plot it on the centile chart. FX it all goes well xx

3. BKR123

BKR123 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what happens, but clairabelle, what if the baby has stopped growing? Will they induce or wait until you have a natural labor?x

4. Clairabelle

Clairabelle Well-Known Member

I'm guessing if baby wasn't growing and they thought there was more risk keeping it in than delivering they would deliver. I'm only having growth scans cos 2 of my previous babies were classed as small at 6lb 6oz and 6lb 7.5oz - though personally I don't think that is exceptionally small. Anyway this baby is already a little porker so no worries here lol.

Tho in your case Lynsey you are almost full term anyway so if baby did have to be delivered I'm sure all would be fine. But as for the measuring thing I know this isn't always accurate anyway and I've read other ladies on here have measured more or less than their dates and all if fine - so I'm sure all will be good for you xx

5. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Ull be fine hun.

very similar to ur 20wk scan. Kinda lay there while they shout out all these words and numbers that dnt make sense for a while!
    they will reassure u as they go along and let u have a look at screen once all is checked over.

Ive had 2 growth scans and hes been measuring 3wks ahead in both, estimated weight at 36wks was 7lb 5!! so god knows what he weighs now!

Dnt worry or panic, im sure baby is fine hun. Bump measurements can be so wrong compared to the measurements on the scans, and they are not always accurate either! xxxx