growth scan and heartbeat.

lisanat

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

thank you for your help with the growth scan question last week you really helped me put my mind at ease. I had a bit of a worrying day yesterday and went to the labour ward in the morning as baby has been quiet. They put me on a trace and guess what the monkey started going mad!!!! Anyway because I am under a consultant I had to wait for a doctor to come and see me. When they realised that my consoltant had measured me 28 weeks last weeks (even though I had been measuring bigger for the last few weeks by midwife) they decided to scan me yesterday.

Well... guess what baby isnt small and is a very good size. They estimate it to be 6 pounds already!!!! :shock:

As the trace and scan were both fine, I came home . and went to see my midwife this morning, where when she did the hearrtbeat it sounded like it was missing a beat. She said that she would like me to go to the day unit to have another trace done.Yet when she rang they said the new guidelines say that dont do a trace as if I have drunk caffine drinks that can cause it to do that.i suppose I have drunk a bit more coke than usual.But should I be worried? Surely it would have shown up on the trace if there was anything there?

xxx

Are they saying if you have drunk a caffeine drink at any point through pregnancy or just that day??

How about getting mw to check in a day or 2 and not having any coke?

She said over the last couple of days.I dont usually drink it so maybe thats why its taken that effect. rouble is I keep seeing cke adverts and it looks lovely. Im going to see her next week so see what happens.

xxx

Im sure if there was anything wrong they would have said at the hospital so try not to worry :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back