Being induced.............

bute69

Reaction score
Went in for routine scan and anti-natal appointment on Tuesday. Scan showed baby not as big as it should be, so they did a scan on placenta to see if nutrients were getting through to LO OK. It showed up as not being as effecient as it should be and baby is short of nutrients. They've put this down to my fluctuating high blood pressure. Was sent for a heart trace and baby isn't as active as it should be. Have been for a trace twice yesterday and twice today and have to go again tomorrow morning. Consultant said that I'm to have another scan on Friday if the placenta flow is the same as Tuesday I will be induced next Tuesday. If it's worse, then she'll consider inducing me then. I'm absolutely terrified! Could any ladies on here who have been induced run me through what actually happens please.

No advice just wishing u the best of luck hun xxx

Sorry I don't have any advice either hunny but good luck xx

I was induced at 38 weeks.
Basically I had to go in at set time got put on the monitor for an hour. After the hour they inserted a pessary which remained in place for 24hrs and in this time monitor regularly. After being monitored you can just wander about the hosp. It is slightly uncomfy I felt like it was a tampax positioned wrong iykwim. After 24 hrs pessary is removed and they check how dilate you are. If enough they transfer to labour ward and break your waters to wait for labour if not then you need another pessary for another 24hrs. I only had one inserted then I was ready for waters popping.
You may get some tightenings or it may start labour off when it's inserted

Good luck

Good Luck hun :) i know how worrying it can be, but at least they are taking care of you!!

i was induced but it was a long time ago ad prob all changed now!! but i had to go in at a cetain time, monitored for a while then given the gel at 9am (i think) if nothing had worked 6 hours later they was gonna give me another, but contractions had kicked of but not bigh one i was left to contract on my own but still didnt speed up so next morn at 7am they broke my waters and sent me to walk around but i was exhausted at this point and had epi put in followed by drip to speed it all up!! by around 4pm i was dilated to 9cm and baby was born at 16:46

things have changed though since i was induced hun, and im sure its that tampax thingy which i have no experience with :wall2:

but wish you good Luck xxx

Sorry I have no advice, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back