Grobag/sleep pods

kaz1983

Reaction score
Morning ladies

Just wondered if those of you who have or are using the above could give me some advice please.

I have seen these for various ages and also different togs too. What tog would you recommend for a baby born in October is 1.0tog ok or do you judge by how cold it is. I just wondered if a 2.5tog would be too warm for minion.

Thanks in advance xx

Depends on how hot the room is but I would prob go for a 2.5 tog as the 1 togs are only really for this kind of weather!! You can vary what they wear depending on temp so if it is warmish then just a sleepsuit and if it is colder then a vest as well!!
There is a minimum weight on the bags think for 0-6 months it is 7lbs but think it more depends on wether your little one is likely to slip thru the top of the bag, we used ours since about 2 weeks and he loves it as he likes to suck his hands so got frustrated when he was swaddled, we used to roll up the bottom of the bag and wedge it inbetween the bottom of the crib and his feet!!
xxx

hiya. It says on the back of some of the grobag/sleeping bag packets about the clothing/tog they should have according to how hot the room is. At the time my LO's room was 18 degrees and I think they suggested that between 16-19 degrees they should have 2.5 tog and wear vest and sleep suit (it did say one without feet though which i haven't got!) now it's warmer in her room I'm just keeping the same tog but got her in only a vest. Hope this helps a bit.
I think the 1 tog's are for rooms over 21 degrees, (I might get one for the summer as her room is that now)
A recommendation is to get them off ebay for a bargain. I paid £24 in mothercare for one and then wanted some more so got them off ebay for about £2-5 each. I would say they need a few as when LO dribbles on the top or possetts out some milk it makes them smell yukky round the neck bit!

Thanks for your replies ladies I will obviously be getting a thermometer for minions room once they go in there and obviously for first few months minion will be in our room xx

If you buy grobags you usually get a free room thermometer and a chart detailing what clothing and tog should be used for the temp (which I have found to be priceless).
I would think that you would need a 2.5 tog for the winter though, unless you have a very warm house. We have always used the 2.5 tog during the winter and 1.0 in this kind of weather as they really are quite thin.
Depending on what your budget is you can but twin packs which include a 2.5 and a 1 tog - I think they are about £35/£40 brand new but this is cheaper than buying two bags separately - if not, you can usually pick up some great deals from ebay.

We're due in November so I am going to buy a mulitpack in the higer tog and I'll replace when the bub gets bigger and the weather changes!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks SunnySue and Carnat I am going to mooch on ebay as would like to have some of both - our house I wouldny say is overly warm its not cold by any means "normal" emperature

So glad that a room thermometer comes with it as Im paranoid already that minion is gonna be too warm or too cold xxxxxxxx

As others have said I use 2.5 tog most of the time and 1 tog during weather like we have had this week. I've found TK Max is a good place to pick up bargain gro bags! x

My lo's a warm boy and his room is never cold and he's always had a 1.0 although he has a thicker one too! I got both mine from tk maxx soooo much cheaper than everywhere else and I got the one that has can be used on a car seat too!

I'd say 2.5tog for the winter months depending on how warm the room is - The thermometers that come attached to the Grobag's aren't very accurate though.
Our Tommee Tippee monitor displays the exact temp as do quite a few of them I think. During the winter our room used to start at about 19 - 20 degrees and drop to 16 - 17 during the night. Our LO was in a short sleeve vest, sleep suit with feet and a sleeping bag of at least 2.5togs.
I had a couple from Matalan (good quality and really cheap) which are a bit higher than 2.5tog and he was fine in them too.

Now its warmer he's in a short sleeve vest and 1 tog when it's really warm and a long sleeve vest with 1 tog when a degree or so cooler.

hope that helps
nicky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back