Grammar

Tia's got dyslexia and it more that she has problems with reading and writing than spelling and grammar. :( Her spelling is quite good actually but her reading is appalling, she really really struggles. Saying that she has terrible difficulties spelling in the English language because its not a phonetic language like Spanish so you have to learn to read it to write it and sadly she can't read very well.

Her work often comes back immaculate for spelling mistakes...but then you can hardly read what she has written.. :(

I always try to type my best but I am really terrible at grammar. My hand-writing is awful and I have to use spell checker on everything and get my OH to read through everything. He is really good at English!!!

I do try my best and would never write in text language unless I have to, I am just rubbish at English lol! But I am very clever in other ways as are a lot of people who might not be good at reading and writing. :D

Oh and I got OH to read this post through and he pointed out the CLEAVER word again! Stupid clever!!!!!

Text speak doesn't annoy me much - as long as its not overused and you can still work out whats it supposed to say.

What I can stand is the wrong use of word. Their, they're and there. Also brought being used to explain something has been bought. "I brought this today" - my immediate thought is "brought it where?"

i can handle a degree of text speak, but not to the point where i have to read it out loud to understand it.

My grammer and spelling sucks, but i tend to write as i speak so to me it makes sense :oops: im also terrible for reading things back but reading over errors. I read what i expect it to say, not always what it says!

Bee said:
Text speak doesn't annoy me much - as long as its not overused and you can still work out whats it supposed to say.

What I can stand is the wrong use of word. Their, they're and there. Also brought being used to explain something has been bought. "I brought this today" - my immediate thought is "brought it where?"
:lol: the brought thing does my head in

Funny,

I just got a pm to correct my spelling :)

Being illiterate is just no good :shakehead:

:lol: :lol: :lol: How pathetic, is that person in the grammar police or something?
This is a social site i don't see what difference it makes if your grammar is 100% perfect as long as we understand what is being said. It's not as if it is an official letter or something it is chatting casually.

fran_23 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: How pathetic, is that person in the grammar police or something?
This is a social site i don't see what difference it makes if your grammar is 100% perfect as long as we understand what is being said. It's not as if it is an official letter or something it is chatting casually.

Yer my thoughts exactly.

Jade&Evie said:
I have a friend who insists on saying 'LOL'... actually saying it....

Surely if she was LOL'ing she would be actually laughing... :think: :think: :think: :doh:

:rotfl: Sorry but that is funny!!
I hate bad grammer but more for myself! Like if I forget to do something it annoys me! Usually that can happen if Im tired (which is often these days)
I cant stand the horrid way young kids talk these days (lmao Im 26 going on 76) I cant understand it though! and when texting I will use "u" and "2" because Im lazy but thats about it really!? :think:

pilkers said:
Oh and my current bug-bear is "Americanisation"... There is a shop near me which bears the name "Children's Play Center".... since when did we swap centre for center?!

Another one... "Do you want it personalized?" Ermmm, nope actually I'd like it personalised, thank you!

It makes my blood boil! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh you know that bugs me too!! I mean come on! We are the first English speakers so surely we are right with this one?! heehee

funny-pictures-cat-denies-access-to-your-computer.jpg

Morganuk said:
fran_23 said:

Yer my thoughts exactly.

Ah just sounds like someone has nothing better to do sis :rotfl:

:lol:

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't. :lol:

Natalie08 said:
Morganuk said:
fran_23 said:

Yer my thoughts exactly.

Ah just sounds like someone has nothing better to do sis :rotfl:

:lol:

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't. :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sis that is funny :rotfl: :rotfl:

lea m said:
[quote="Jade&Evie":39kwro75]

I have a friend who insists on saying 'LOL'... actually saying it....

Surely if she was LOL'ing she would be actually laughing... :think: :think: :think: :doh:

:rotfl: Sorry but that is funny!!
I hate bad grammer but more for myself! Like if I forget to do something it annoys me! Usually that can happen if Im tired (which is often these days)
I cant stand the horrid way young kids talk these days (lmao Im 26 going on 76) I cant understand it though! and when texting I will use "u" and "2" because Im lazy but thats about it really!? :think:[/quote:39kwro75]

I say LOL all the time! We all do, in my family. We actually say the word 'LOL' and my brother says LMAO as well! :oops: :D

Morganuk said:
Funny,

I just got a pm to correct my spelling :)

Being illiterate is just no good :shakehead:

That is just ridiculous! :shakehead: :roll:

You've taken it the right way though (I might have used some badly spelt rude words! :oops: ) which proves who the more mature person is. Do people not have better things to do with their time?! :wall:

the only bad spelling I like is on 'icanhascheezburger.com :rotfl:

if its simple words on certain peoples posts or whatever then I dont understand why the spellchecker doesnt work :think:

mummykay said:
the only bad spelling I like is on 'icanhascheezburger.com :rotfl:

if its simple words on certain peoples posts or whatever then I dont understand why the spellchecker doesnt work :think:

funny-pictures-cat-dictionary-cheezburger.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back