microsoft word....

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
im doing something for my mom to help with her nvq care.

ive written up her notes for her. but she needs them printing on the correct sheet, assessors type sheet.

ive scaned it in, how do i get it so i can edit it to paste the text without having to use a text box over it?

this coming from someone who did advanced i.t :rotfl: lil rusty hehe

you get what i mean?

Riley's Mommy said:
you get what i mean?

Nope............sorry couldn't resist! :rotfl: :rotfl:

And I do know what you mean, hold on while I go have a look!

xxx

Right,
You need to find Microsoft Office Document Imaging. I'm using Vista and it's in Microsoft Office tools.

:doh: Why am I typing all this when I can Ctrl V and do this -

Scan and edit a document

This article is available for public comment. Editors will read your comments and revise this article before final publication. Please send us your comments by clicking Yes or No at the end of this article, and then saying what you like and what you think should be changed. Thanks!

The From Scanner or Camera option for scanning documents and pictures is not available in Microsoft Office Word 2007. Instead, you can use your scanner to scan the document, and then you can save the file to your computer.

After you scan the document, you can use Microsoft Office Document Imaging to create a version of the document that you can edit.

Important The first step is to install Microsoft Office Document Imaging, which is not installed by default.

What do you want to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Install Microsoft Office Document Imaging
Create a document that you can edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install Microsoft Office Document Imaging
Follow the instructions based on the operating system that your computer is running.

Windows Vista
Exit all programs.
Tip You may want to print this topic before you exit all programs.

Click the Start button , and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
Right-click the name of the Microsoft Office edition that you installed or right-click Microsoft Office Word 2007 (depending on whether you installed Word as part of Office or as an individual program), and then click Change.
Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
Under Installation Options, click the plus sign (+) next to Office Tools.
Click the arrow next to Microsoft Office Document Imaging, click Run all from my Computer, and then click Continue.
Windows XP
Exit all programs.
Tip You may want to print this topic before you exit all programs.

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs , and then click Remove a program.
In the Currently installed programs list, click the name of the Microsoft Office edition that you installed or click Microsoft Office Word 2007 (depending on whether you installed Word as part of Office or as an individual program), and then click Change.
The Configuration Wizard opens.

Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
Under Installation Options, click the plus sign (+) next to Office Tools.
Click the arrow next to Microsoft Office Document Imaging, click Run all from my Computer, and then click Continue.
Top of Page

Create a document that you can edit
Before you start Convert your file to TIFF format. You can use Paint or another program to convert the file.

Open Microsoft Office Document Imaging by doing one of the following:
In Windows Vista Click the Start button , click All Programs, then click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
In Windows XP Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
On the File menu, click Open.
Locate the document that you scanned, and then click Open.
After Microsoft Office Document Imaging runs, press CTRL+A to select the entire document, and then press CTRL+C.
Start Microsoft Office Word.
Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click New.
Click Blank document, and then click Create.
Press CTRL+V to paste the contents of the scanned document into the new file.
You now have a document that you can edit. Be sure to save the new file so that you don't lose your changes.

Hope this helps!

PM me if ur stuck!

xxx

:? thats more complicated than i thought.

im using XP. (i want vista though lol)

im not sure what word im using. eek.

ah i do have document imaging lol :cheer:

or i do if i can find the disk apparently :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member