Government nursery place at 3???

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, is it true that all children get a free nursery place at the age of 3?

I have been told this by a few people and tried to research on the internet but have not found anything.

Any information or advice would be great!

Thanks

yes hun they r intitled to 5 mornings or 5 afternoons a week free

This might sound dim but what if you worked 3 days a week? would it just be the 3 mornings or 3 afternoons or could you have 3 mornings and 2 afternoons to make five??? - if that makes sense.

Are you only eligible due to your income or is everyone eligible?

I am pretty sure that the free place entitlement is for all children regardless of whether you are full or part time but I would check that out with your nursery. Every 3 year old is entitled to 5 half SCHOOL days a week - this works out at about 2.5 hours a day. This is also only during school term times - so for instance August there would not be any entitlement as it is the schools summer hols etc. It also doesnt start from when your child turns 3, it is from the start of the next school term after the 3rd birthday. My daughter was 3 in Feb and we started getting the grant in April - beginning of the spring term. My daughter starts school this September so I am getting my info from 18 months ago when we started getting the grant. We found it a real benefit as some months our nursery bills were reduced from nearly £800 to £500 a month.

The best thing to do is to go tou your nursery (or a local nursery) and they will be able to give you some advice. Also dont forget to ask your workplace if they are part of the childcare voucher scheme.

they work it out in so many hours so you can have them on any day you want or all together if you work for 3 whole days they will use the hours up. thats what they did for me when i was at university.

xxxx

every child gets this.. 5 sessions a week.. :hug:

weather it be private nursery or normal nursery.. the cost comes off the private nursery, you have to apply for it each term though :D

Well this is handy to know. I think I will have to check out nursery's and go and ask them.
Both my partner and I get childcare vouchers, haven't a clue what you do with them though.

Jack stays with his Nana at the moment but if another baby came along then one would have to go to nursery.

The school I have enroled Jonah in sent us all the information out. He goes to their foundation unit from 8.50-11.30 and then we pay for him to stay at the lunch club til 1.
This is desperate attempt to get him to eat his veg!

But anway they sent everthing without me asking so maybe your school will when it's time??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back