To Young For Nursery?

BabysLife

Reaction score
To Young For Nursery? I shall be returning back to work again the beginning of April. And checked out a nursery opposite my house on Monday and absolutly loved it! He shall be 9 months by then! A mother owns it and lives up stairs and her two little girls go there so u can see it is a very nice place as a mother wouldnt put her own children at risk.
But i have spoke to a couple of people about it and they keep telling me that it is way to soon to be puttin them into nursery. is this true? Most people exspect me to get my family or friends to look after him but 1 would he get the education he shall need and 2 all my family and friend are full time workers.

Please Help Thankyou!!
:cheer:

its not to young hun most nurseries will take babies from 3 months and some from younger and they are always full round me for that age so i wouldnt worry, it will be nice for your lo to mix with other children

It's personal choice (and financial considerations) that dictate whether your child goes to nursery sooner rather than later. Connie started to go one day a week from last month (so she was 8 months) and she absolutely LOVES playing with the other babies and the new toys. However be prepared for the onslaught of bugs, colds and viruses you will get!!!!

By the way at Flod's nursery there are tonnes of babies younger than her. The youngest is 3 months.

I don't think people realise that we don't all have a choice! I will have to use a nursery soon and just tell myself I'll make the most of my days off. When I went to look round all the children looked really happy which reassured me a lot. Try not to feel guilty. You have to do what's right for your family and try to ignore people who say you are doing the wrong thing x

at one he wouldn't be getting education, but putting a baby in nursery is something people have to do sometimes. Seren has always loved her nursery and it has been very beneficial for her.

as beanie sed it can be really beneficial.
abigail has been goin 5 mornings a week since i started work in november, she was 8 months. she LOVES it, she has come on so much and ahas a rly good bond with her key worker.
as becca sed, beware of the bugs lol x

when i worked in a nursey most of the bubbas that started were around 6months old; we had one little girl start at 6weeks old though :shock: the nursery was a 0-4 nursery though so i suppose we would have taken younger than the 6weeks.

Molly will be going to nursery at 9 months. I don't think it's too young, most people would probably love to stay home with their kids but it's just not possible for everyone and I think it's awful that people should be made to feel bad about it.

I don't think it's fair to leave kids with family members. My mum works full time but she's 60 this year and barely stay awake when we visit for a few hours at the weekend, I don't think grandparents are always the best bet! :lol:

If you don't have a problem with it then don't worry. My neice has been in nursery since she was 6 months and she's a really happy, well balanced kid.

Well i'm going back to work part time (2.5 days a week) and Ollie will be 9 months. I wish i wasnt going back atall but we wont even break even if i dont (and we have cut back on everything including sky, no holidays, getting the bus to work etc etc)

I decided against a nursery and have opted for a childminder instead. My mum and dad will look after him for the half day as they are far too old to be looking after a baby (both in their 70's). TBH it annoys me a bit when poeple assume that grandparents will look after YOUR baby. They have done their time and not all of them want to be running around after a LO. I would never expect my parents to do that.

Claire x

TBH it annoys me a bit when poeple assume that grandparents will look after YOUR baby. They have done their time and not all of them want to be running around after a LO. I would never expect my parents to do that

My parents and in laws look after LO when I am at work (2 days a week) because they want to and would be offended if I put her in nursery instead! But, they are younger grandparents.

I don't think that 9 months is too young for nursery, as others have said there will be lots there that are a lot younger, I think it is all well and good for people to say things like that, but everyone's situation is different. Provided you are happy with the nursery and feel confident leaving LO there then don't let anyone else make you feel guilty.

Last edited:
Try not to listen to what others say, you have to do what is right for you and your family. 9 months is not too young at all to go to nursery. As you'll see the nursery room will be full of babies the same or similar age!

My son went to nursery at 9 months as well, 2 days a week and he's thrived on it. The rest of the time he's with family, me at the moment as I'm on mat leave with my second.

A good nursery will have so many benefits for your childs development. Our son really enjoys it.

You go through so much guilt though when you're first returning to work and your LO is settling into nursery. Often you'll find that the children are OK and settle in quickly but us Mums take a bit longer to get used to things.

nori said:
Well i'm going back to work part time (2.5 days a week) and Ollie will be 9 months. I wish i wasnt going back atall but we wont even break even if i dont (and we have cut back on everything including sky, no holidays, getting the bus to work etc etc)

I decided against a nursery and have opted for a childminder instead. My mum and dad will look after him for the half day as they are far too old to be looking after a baby (both in their 70's). TBH it annoys me a bit when poeple assume that grandparents will look after YOUR baby. They have done their time and not all of them want to be running around after a LO. I would never expect my parents to do that.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You'd have been annoyed with me over the last 9 months then. My MIL and FIL are 60 and they looked after Flod themselves day in day out for 3 whole weeks when I was in psychiatric care and pretty much loads before that. MIL now has her one day a week even now - but that's through her own choice.

I didn't and don't EXPECT her to do it. She loves Connie and loves spending time with her and she wants to help me and her only son.

Your comment has upset me and will have upset others who rely on grandparents.

debecca said:
nori said:

You'd have been annoyed with me over the last 9 months then. My MIL and FIL are 60 and they looked after Flod themselves day in day out for 3 whole weeks when I was in psychiatric care and pretty much loads before that. MIL now has her one day a week even now - but that's through her own choice.

I didn't and don't EXPECT her to do it. She loves Connie and loves spending time with her and she wants to help me and her only son.

I dont expect my parents or inlaws to look after my child but if they had the time id like them to offer. I know my grandma who is 75 is perfectly capable and would love looking after my children, i only ask occasionaly and only on special occasions but i know she loves having her time with them and appreciates that ive not relegated her to the doddery heap yet.

debecca said:
nori said:

Dont be upset hun, We all have to adapt to the situations we find ourselves in.
My gran had that 'we have had our kids' attitude and of course that was her perogative (she wasnt bobby brown btw) but it made my mum hellbent that she would not be like that.

I went back to work when James was 10 months and initially we used a nursery, it didn't work out but that wouldn't put me off nurseries in general and I don't think it's too young. Lots of the babies were about the same age as James. He now goes to a childminder which is great. My mum and I have a great relationship and she's a wonderful gran but I didn't want her to look after James and she didn't want to either. She values her relationship with both him and me, and if she'd been looking after him f/t that might have changed. She has not long retired from a stressful job, and likes to go on long holidays. We've made the right decision for us.

lauramumof2 said:
debecca said:
nori said:

Dont be upset hun, We all have to adapt to the situations we find ourselves in.
My gran had that 'we have had our kids' attitude and of course that was her perogative (she wasnt bobby brown btw) but it made my mum hellbent that she would not be like that.

Yes, I've calmed down now. It just took me ages to be able to ASK for the help without feeling guilty and I'd finally come round to believing what MIL says which is that she loves having Connie and WANTS to have her MORE and comments like this make me question it all again.

LOVE the Bobby Brown comment I'm chuckling at that. Although I HATE that song.

OMG.. you have taken my post completely wrong!!! I need to stop replying on here i really do!!!

I didnt mean grandparents shouldnt look after your baby! Bloody hell.. if i had that option i would jump at the chance. Do you honestly think i would rather have my Ollie looked after by a complete stranger?? no chance!

What i MEANT was it annoys me when people ASSUME the grandparents should look after them..

God im having a shit day today with ollie crying causing me to cry, i dont need this..now im in tears again!

nori said:
OMG.. you have taken my post completely wrong!!! I need to stop replying on here i really do!!!

I didnt mean grandparents shouldnt look after your baby! Bloody hell.. if i had that option i would jump at the chance. Do you honestly think i would rather have my Ollie looked after by a complete stranger?? no chance!

What i MEANT was it annoys me when people ASSUME the grandparents should look after them..

God im having a sh*t day today with ollie crying causing me to cry, i dont need this..now im in tears again!

Oh nori, please don't cry. By her own admission, debecca is a bit fragile at the moment (read her post in Adults) so has perhaps taken your post the wrong way.

I understood what you meant - not assuming they'll look after your child but if they are keen or happy to do so (which is clearly the case for debecca as her MIL/FIL love having Connie), then great.

I hope your day gets better soon.

Valentine Xxx

my mum would do anything to look after leland while i was at work ! she wants me to move 120 miles closer to her so she can lol

as for nursery , i would love for leland to go 1 or 2 days a week, but with having no job i cant afford to , hopefully if i find work ill be able to .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back