Got myself in a right state...

dani7919

Reaction score
This will probably be a long one so well done if you get to the end..... I'm not expecting replies but just wanted to let off some steam!

I'm not usually one to get so upset but I guess hormones are running high at the moment!

I'm 38+4 weeks and I went out for dinner last night with my other half, his brother and best friend and drove home and left them to it and my OH comes home at 2am this morning completely inebriated. And I'm not just talking drunk or slurry words - he can't talk, he's completely wasted and can barely walk.

If I did go into labour or had to go to the hospital for any reason I would have to go alone as he was in such an incoherent state. My parents are in Cornwall and he is the only person near me who I would want at the birth so I am totally relying on him to be there.

Anyway... I managed to get him into bed, where he promptly started snoring and I am getting more angry and upset at this stage. I'm crying my eyes out, managed to give myself a nosebleed and my bump is soo sore and tight (think it's a combination of all the crying but it was aching yesterday too) and now that's making me worried too as I'm probably stressing out the baby. I couldn't put up with his snoring any longer so even got the cushions off the sofa and made a bed in the lounge but I've still been up most of the night.

About an hour ago he got up to go to the bathroom and as he was in there a while I went to check on him and he was lying face down on the floor. Managed to get him into bed again where he knocked over a glass of water which I've had to clean up.

He'd be in no fit state to drive anywhere for at least the rest of the day.

I'm also annoyed because I know that will be the rest of the weekend written off and he knew I wanted to go out somewhere or do something as it could be our last weekend of a twosome together.

Anyway... I've not said anything to him yet as I thought there was no point arguing with him and getting even more worked up when he won't remember any of it anyway.

I'm not sure if I'm being slightly unreasonable because I've been sat here stewing on it for most of the night and worked myself up into a right tiz. Ooooh... wait until he gets up, he's in for it then!

Phew... sorry for the long post... but feel better already for writing it down!

Sending you massive :hugs: that really isnt fair hunny.
Make sure you let him know how you feel when he finally rises and remember if hes been like that hes likely to have a stinking hangover - make sure you pay him back, drop a few pots and pans, put your music on loud, keep asking him to do things around the house, im sure he will regret his actions by lunchtime ;) x x

Oh hun , I agree with M2A say nothing for a while and then ,make the most of his hangover and bash around the house a bit and make sure he knows how worked up you got too . He'll feel so gh=guilty it wont happen again :hugs: xx

Yes, I would strangle him to be honest! And I would not have been making sure he made it to bed! I really would have left him lying on the floor!

You are not overreacting, at this point hubby really should not be indulging in any alcohol at all! My hubby stopped drinking when I reached about 34wks I think.

I would certainly not pussyfoot around him today - let him have it when he gets up and make him suffer for the rest of the day and be sure to inform him of where he is taking you tomorrow - original plans should be adhered to to teach him a lesson!

Thanks ladies.

He's apologised half heartedly but he knows I'm still seething because he's not getting up! He's probably best keeping out of my way to be honest.

Anyway... I've made sure I've banged, clattered and hoovered round him. I've told him we've ran out of paracetamol (he can suffer) and his eyes are all red and swollen because he slept with his contact lenses in. HA - serves him right!!!

He says he didn't mean to get that drunk but you know your limits and when you start feeling tipsy. He obviously just decided to carry on which surprises me a little as the past few weeks he's not had more than 2 pints in case anything happens.

Anyway... he's in for it later if I don't smother him first! ;-)

lol dani it really does sound like you have everything under control today hehehehe hiding the paracetomol was a genius idea and Mwahahahahahaha at his sore eyes too lol xx

Oh god, what a nightmare. Make sure you milk it for all it's worth.
I would demand he makes it up to you asap!

bloody men so inconsiderate my oh is like that sometimes, probably had the idea of making the most of it as he wont be doing it again for along time. you keep banging around him :) x

Just told mine he is not allowed to drink in September, end of. Make sure he feels even worse today, he should be ashamed of himself!

if it makes you feel any better this happened to me week and half ago...I was so angry after he promised he wouldn't drink after 37 weeks. I made him sleep on the sofa and ignored him for a bit and since he hasnt touched alchohol and weve agreed that I will be the next one to drink out of the 2 of us!! they can be so selfish...9 months without drinking or smoking and they cant even go 3 weeks!! and they are not drinking for their child that could be born not even for us.... urghh makes me angry!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back