Could quite happily kill my OH right now.

Hunnie

Reaction score
It's my due date today and although I know most of the time baby's don't actually come on time, my OH just seems to think the only time something is going to happen is in the early hours of the morning or when they induce me.

He worked last night and asked me to make sure he was up for 8:15 this morning as he had an errand to run which would mean he would be back home for about 1:30 this afternoon. He stressed at me when I was getting him up because I wouldn't let him have just 5 minutes more (he had already snoozed his alarm twice). I said to him that he should go sooner as then he can be back closer to home incase something happens and I do go into labour. All I got in reply was that he is working tonight as well and he will just be more tired because I made him get up and not have the extra 5 minutes.

Am I wrong in being annoyed that he doesn't actually seem bothered or is just stupid to the fact that baby is now officially fully cooked and could come at any time and his first priority is work and not me and baby?!?!

He seems to think that because I'm being induced on Thursday this is the exact day that the consultant and midwife say that the baby will come and so to plan everything he is doing around that so that now means he is working tonight, tomorrow day and then Wednesday night but is having Thursday off because of induction but then planning to work Thursday night and Friday night.

He honestly is just making me feel like I might as well just drive myself to the hospital and ring him when its all done because work is clearly more important to him right now.

I've repeatedly told him that baby could make an appearance anytime but it seems I might as well just talk to a brick wall.

Oh and to top it all off, he thought it would be a brilliant idea to have a new boiler fitted this week so now my house is an absolute bomb sight with dust and pipes everywhere and again he's just going off that it will all be fine because they will be done by Thursday and thats when baby is coming.

I've decided to stay away and I'm staying at my mums for tonight because I honestly dread to think what it's like and I can imagine that being men they've not bothered to properly dust sheet everything up and OH wonders why I'm in an off mood with him. Grrrrrr!!

On the bright side, atleast I've got my hospital bag here at my mums with me.

Awwww hon it's totally understandable why you're annoyed at him and you're completely right to be anxious. Whether or not you have an induction booked, everyone I know goes into major baby alert as of 37/38 weeks as baby can pop up at anytime! The closer you get to your due date (and past it) the more likely the baby is to come. But I think men are just silly about this - I was telling DH today it was 29 days until my due date and he was like oh we have ages. I laughed and said what about when we only have a week until my due date, and he said oh that's still ages. So i responded saying will anything seem close to labour before I'm actually in it and he just laughed and said nope, I think it's the only thing that will make it seem real!

Men..............can't live with them etc etc!!!

I'm glad I have a CS date as mine was driving me mad worrying about Paternity/Annual leave and when he should take it as he didn't want to be 'off for weeks waiting for it to arrive'..........:roll:

I think a night away will do you good hun x

Lol sounds to me like he has Ostrich Syndrome and just doesn't want to think about the panic of an uncontrolled labour. My OH is like this, he'll be perfectly happy as long as he doesn't have any responsibility what so ever lol xxxxxxxx

Show him my induction story. We went in Tuesday came out Saturday my OH lost a lot of time off! You can't plan babies! Yay for DD!

I think it's just a guy thing. You know what they say about women being mum from the BFP, but men don't become dads till the birth. Maybe he just can't imagine it happening, till it starts iykwim.

Xxx

i think he is jus not thinking about it til it happens. it is his way of coping to concentrate on thurs as the D day. but dont get why he would work thurs night, does he not think u might need some support the first few days and weeks???

be honest with him about how u feel... or show him what u have written here

i think he is jus not thinking about it til it happens. it is his way of coping to concentrate on thurs as the D day. but dont get why he would work thurs night, does he not think u might need some support the first few days and weeks???

be honest with him about how u feel... or show him what u have written here

I have to correct myself now as I've found out he isn't working Thursday night now but definitely plans to work Friday if she still isn't here.

I've just asked him what would he do if I went into labour now and he couldn't get back from work so easily and he honestly doesnt know.

He's just an idiot :/!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back