snoring!

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
Is this normal in pregnany? i never snored before but last couple weeks its got worse and worse! Im so bas i wake MYSELF up! I was asleep the other night and all i could hear was this awful snoring ... so i shook OH and told him 2 stop, but he still wouldnt, i was in a sort of half conscience state and then realised it wasnt him it was me! Im staying with family at the minute and my mum said to my OH this morning that she could hear him snoring last night ... from downstairs ... she was so shocked when we told her it wasnt him ... its me! will this stop once babi is here and does anyone else have this? :oops: :oops: :oops:

its normal. i snore like apigat the moment. Its coz of the extra weight im carrying and also my nose seems conatantly bunged up.

It's caused my an increase in postgestorone I think. I suffered the same when I was pregnant, from about 25 weeks onwards I started snoring like mad. I woke myself up too!

I read that due to an increase in this hormone you can be more prone to nose bleeds or snoring or if you're unlucky both. My sister suffered with nose bleeds and I started snoring.

i don't think its anything to do with progeterone :think: . Its usually over weight people who snore the most and as we are all preggas and more weighty that makes us more prone to snoring.

here i found this

Snoring affects 45 per cent of the population from time to time and an estimated 25 per cent of people are habitual snorers. There are a number of reasons why you may snore.

Age can be a factor. The older you get, the weaker your throat muscles become. Weak throat muscles cause the surrounding tissues to sag and vibrate.
If you are overweight, your throat tissues are less firm and more inclined to vibrate when you breathe.
A low-set, thick soft palate, or enlarged tonsils or adenoids (the spongy tissue between the back of the nose and throat) can narrow your airway.
A longer-than-normal uvula (the triangular piece of skin that hangs from your soft palate) can limit airflow and increase vibrations as you breathe.
Nasal blockages caused by allergies or a deviated septum (when the partition between your nose is crooked) can limit airflow through your nose. This forces you to breathe through your mouth where more flabby tissue is located.
Alcohol and certain drugs (such as tranquillisers) affect your central nervous system, causing extreme relaxation of your muscles, including those in your throat.
When you sleep on your back, your tongue falls backwards into your throat which can narrow your airway and partly block airflow.

and yes i wake myself up too bagpuss! :rotfl:

i snore like anything! i try to stop it but nothing lol i just tell other half to stop bloody moaning lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back