got my scan booked

trudie

Reaction score
hi every one i got my scan booked for te 3/3/09 yay!!!! but now iv gone back to panic mode. The midwife said i was healthy as iv had no health problems in the past etc but i jus cnt help but worrying everything seems normal n i read on another site that at 10 weeks is when things are safe but now i jus cnt help worrying if there is anything wrong what are the signs i apprachate some not people might want to talk about it but i need something to put my mind at rest before i go insane lol

Aw hunny it's totally natural to feel like this, until you have the scan it's really hard to believe that everything's gonna be ok. You've just got to think positive and wait for the scan. The signs of miscarriage, as I'm sure you know, are severe cramping and bleeding, whcih you'd obviulsy know about if you'd had! I assume you mean what are the signs of a missed miscarriage, adn teh trouble is there arent' any, which is why they get missed. However it is really quite unusual and the chances are very, very much in favour of you having a perfectly fine pregnancy and seeing a healthy bean on March 3. Try not to worry too much sweetie.

I think it's only natural to worry hun but i'm sure all is fine and you haven't got any symptoms to say otherwise. It will be so exciting seeing your little one. :hug:

yay, good luck with yr scan. worrying is completely normal :hug: x

Aww hun! Its totally normal to worry like this - its setting you up for a lifetime of worry. My mum constantly reminds me the worry doesn't end here, it just changes as you get older and your kids grow up.
Even now she worries if she hasn't heard from my brother for 2 or 3 days!!

Try and remember that the only reason miscarriage rates have increased is because pregnancy testing is more sophisticated than it used to be, and women can detect pregnancy much sooner, when perhaps they wouldn't have been able to before, and would have lost their baby before they even knew they were pregnant.
There's still a very high chance that pregnancy will end perfectly normally for you, with a strong healthy baby.

Also, another fact to bear in mind is that with the internet we meet far more many people than we would in real life, and hearing about other ladies sad losses just makes us all worry more, while feeling sad at the same time. Its very easy to think that the same thing can happen to you. Does that make sense? I hope so

But try and take your midwife's advice and enjoy your pregnancy :) :hug: :hug:

Bec78 said:
Aww hun! Its totally normal to worry like this - its setting you up for a lifetime of worry. My mum constantly reminds me the worry doesn't end here, it just changes as you get older and your kids grow up.
Even now she worries if she hasn't heard from my brother for 2 or 3 days!!

Try and remember that the only reason miscarriage rates have increased is because pregnancy testing is more sophisticated than it used to be, and women can detect pregnancy much sooner, when perhaps they wouldn't have been able to before, and would have lost their baby before they even knew they were pregnant.
There's still a very high chance that pregnancy will end perfectly normally for you, with a strong healthy baby.

Also, another fact to bear in mind is that with the internet we meet far more many people than we would in real life, and hearing about other ladies sad losses just makes us all worry more, while feeling sad at the same time. Its very easy to think that the same thing can happen to you. Does that make sense? I hope so

But try and take your midwife's advice and enjoy your pregnancy :) :hug: :hug:

hey ladies, thanks for the support and this makes alot of sense actually i relaxed about it for a few weeks then panic jus hit me but is still have symtoms i think this baby is trying hard to remind me its still there lol and splash monkey remeber a while ago u said the sore boobs will easy off and guess what u was rite yay lol i get at a little now and then but no where near as bad as before lol :cheer:

Phew, glad I was right about the boobs hon, I remember how painful they are! But even if other symptoms wear off too, try not to worry - it's just the pregnancy progressing, we'd soon be complaining if everything lasted the whole nine months!

im glad the boobs symtoms is over lol im glad lol i dont wish that 1 bk lol a week tomorro till scan yAy :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back