Got my Down Syndrome test results

Francesca26

Reaction score
After 2 weeks of worrying after the down syndrome blood test i have finally got my result through the post today. It says 1:6700 of the baby having downs syndrome. Does this sound about right? What was everyone elses? I really wish i was less of a worrier!x

That's a good result hun. Mine was 1:19,000 everyone is different. They still don't guarantee your baby wont have DS.

xxx

That makes you very low risk.

Anything above 1:150 is considered high risk.

I think I was something like 1:14000

They sure made you wait a long time though? I got my results within the hour

xxxxxxxxxx

Yes its appartently the way my hospital works, midwife said it would take up to 3 weeks for me to get the results through the post. To me 1:6700 doesnt sound an exceptional result, although i know it could of been alot worse.x

I know they take a number of factors into consideration when doing the test, would the fact that i was smoking (now stopped) when i got pregnant be taken into consideration? As its on all my maternity notes as high risk, even though i stopped as soon as i found out i was expecting.x

Don't look at everyone elses numbers hun. It's a good result :)

My hospital made me wait two weeks also as they had to send the results away to be tested.

xxx

Smoking doesn't come into it at all hun. Mine was 1:7500 due to being mid 30's when I fell pg. It's not fail safe but your are low risk. If it's any consolation something else you don't need to worry about will come along very soon to get neurotic over. Pregnancy hormones suck xxxxxxxx

Whoever said pregnancy was an enjoyable experience was lying, to me so far its just been one big worry and i havent even had anything particulary bad happen to me. I do suffer from anxiety though so maybe that makes me worse than the average person. I know i sound abit silly with all this. Thanks for your advice though, its much appreciated :) x

It's not silly at all hun. Being pregnant is like no other time in your life and it's such a vast range of emotions all within 10 minutes. But a lot of it is hormone related and won't last forever. My little boy has been constipated the last few days and when he did a proper poo this morning I rang his dad at work to tell him lol. Parenthood has it's own traumas and triumphs but the hormones aren't there to drive you mental xxxxxxx

I have come to the conclusion that this worry will be never ending and my care free days are over haha x

I had to wait two weeks and got them in the post as 1:11000. Don't worry about your result it's basically the equivalent of 0.015% chance for 1:6700 xx

Mine is about 1:3000 - so twice as high as yours, but I'm not worried :D

i just got told I was low risk. When I went back to see midwife next time i asked for the actual results, but i was told she had no idea, its only when you are high risk do you get a ratio.

although I seem to be the only one that got told this......... guess every NHS is different.

On my letter it just said low risk but there was a number to ring if you wanted the exact numbers. I guess its to try and stop people worrying? X

On my letter it just said low risk but there was a number to ring if you wanted the exact numbers. I guess its to try and stop people worrying? X

i really wanted to know, especially at my age, i wanted to know just how low risk they deemed me.

but yes, I suppose if they had said I was just under borderline I would be spending the rest of the pregnancy worrying!

All very good results lol. Mine was 1:5 :)

Hi fresh, i read your blog yesterday and id just like to say how brave i think you are, you seem to be taking everything in your stride and should be very proud of yourself :) x

Mine said low risk at 1:1500 which isn't all that low in comparison to some of these

I don't feel brave at all, it's weird like my whole life has been awaiting this challenge, looking forward to showing the world that I am here for a reason lol :)

Mine was 1:35,000! Midwife said it was the lowest risk she'd ever seen..
But as long as you're low risk that's all that matters xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back