got a ponecall from work today...

petchy

Reaction score
well while i have been on maternity leave my work relocated to a place i can't get to. i wasn't too bothered and had pretty much decided to become a SAHM and try to make some money from my new baby carrier venture. and then today my colleague phoned me...

to cut a long story short, the only other designer working there (apart from said colleague) has decided to leave, and i think they want me to come back. so i told them that i can't actually get there, and that in any case i'd only want to work a maximum of 16 hrs a week spread out over the week in a very flexible way so i can manage my own time. (basically i want work to be on MY terms now i have ruben to prioritise, and if they can't do that then tough!) it turns out i might be able to work from home (which means they have to give me a new laptop as our one isn't "good" enough for the design applications i have to run, and large files i have to work on - often several of them simultaneously!) and control my own working hours, so as long as i do the agreed hours in a week it doesn't matter when i do the work.

part of me thinks "YAY!" as the money will be really handy, and the other part of me is a little disappointed IYSWIM? i was really looking forward to seeing if my new business would take off! but if it all works out i suppose it could be a good way of having some steady money coming in, but still enough time to do some sling-sewing as well - and then if the slings take off i always have the option to resign i suppose, but at least this is a safety net...

i'm gonna try and get them to increase my salary too, so that the pro rata pay will be higher.... :lol:

Nice to be in demand though I bet. What is it you design for work?

I think it's great.....you'll be able to work when you feel like it!!

I'm jealous!

I'm sure you can fit Nuzzli around the work hon and if it really takes off well you can leave :D

It's great you'll be able to do it all on your terms :)

That's fab news hun. Like you said, you can always resign if/when the baby carrier business takes off. :hug:

Hi

thats great news now you can pick what you wanna do... hope it all works out for you
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back