Good Sleepers Thread.

xrachx

Reaction score
Well there are plenty of threads for bad sleepers and getting no sleep so i thought i would see how many good sleepers we have here. Our little Glenn is a little darling when it comes to going to bed, he has the cbeebies bedtime hour on and he goes up at 7pm, he knows when it is time either by the end of the programmes or the tv being switched to Emmerdale lol, he goes to his stairgate and gives it a little rattle and up he goes, not a peep out of him until about 7-7.30am he is so good and i just wondered if there was any others here that was as good as him?

Thomas has always gone to bed at 7pm from day 1.
hes slept from 7-5am since 4 weeks old
and 7-7/8am since 6 months old
murmers for 5 mins when he first goes to sleep
cant complain can i :D
xx

abigail sleeps 7 til 7, she goes down awake and then wakes up at 7 in time to get ready for nursery x

I am the happy owner of an excellent sleeper too - she's 18 months old today and we've been so so lucky. I'm almost scared to post in case I jinx it!

We started a bedtime routine (nappy off time, bath, baby massage, boob, book, bed) at 6.5 weeks and she started sleeping through shortly after this. She did wake up once or rarely twice a night between 4-7 months but since then, we've not heard a peep overnight! If she does ever stir or is fractious, its rare but its in the evening, never overnight.

She sleeps basically until she hears one of us getting up for the shower. We're so lucky in that its about 7-7.30pm during the week when OH and/or is up for work and about 8-9am at the weekends - sometimes even 9.30am!

I know I'm due a horrible sleeper with number 2, so I am sleep banking while I can!

Valentine Xxx

its great when they go to bed awake, he likes the whole...night,night see you in the morning! i have always put mine to bed awake i think it defeats the object waiting for them to go to sleep first, they wont ever be able to settle themselves will they if they dont actually know they are going to sleep? strange..lol

My eldest is such a good sleeper, first slept through at 9 weeks, then waking for the odd night feed until she was on solids. Now she goes to bed no problem, won't make a sound. She does however on occasion wake up at 5.30, but we let her rest until 6am, then we're all up!!

Holly is still very small (6 weeks tomorrow) and sleeps loads, but is however difficult to settle at night. Only time will tell if she will follow in her big sisters footsteps. Here's hoping.

Blake is 6 weeks old tomorrow and goes to bed with us about half 11 and he sleeps through till 7am during the week - only wakes up because daddy makes lots of noise when getting ready for work lol but at weekends he seems to sleep till 8 or 9am :D

Alex has slept through since he was eight weeks old. I used to sleep 8 till 5 and since he was about 5 months old 7 till 7 but recently has been waking at 6am. I tried putting him to bed later but he was too grumpy and still woke at 6am. I can complain. I still think hes great!!
I have to keep reminding OH (who thinks hes a pain waking at this time) that we are very lucky cause some babies dont sleep at all!!!

Ellie's a good sleeper although she has gone through stages of sleeping bad!

She goes to bed around 8pm and typically sleeps until 7-7:30am, has her boob feed then goes back in her cot to sleep until 9-9:30 :) I defo cant complaint at that :D Although i'm trying to creep that boob feed later so she sleeps longer rather than waking then going back to sleep. Any ideas?

x x x

Emily has always been an excellent sleeper. But then she sleeps alot, even in the day. Every 2 awke hours, she needs a nap of 1hr+ Nver known a baby like it tbh, especially as shes almost 11 months old. (her sister is such the oppersit lol)

Emily has her dinner at 5-5:30, then pjs on by quartre to six, then dady comes home at 6pm and they have play time for about half on hour, she might watch abit of In the Night Garden too. Then wrapped up, dummy and shes alseep in seconds.
You dont hear a peep till about 8:30am. Even then she just sits in her cot chatting away to herself.

Just wish she'd give her sister some lessons.. :evil: :rotfl:

All 4 of mine have been great sleepers!
Joseph slept through everynight (12 hours) from about 10 week
Dillon was 3 weeks,
Lucy was 6 weeks
Lola-Mae 3 weeks!

The older ones go bed at 7.30pm Lola at 9.30pm ! When shes a little older, she will go up with the others!

Lexi's always been a brilliant sleeper.. she had a bad couple of weeks a while back but its all sorted again now :dance: :dance:
she goes to bed at 6:50 awake and is asleep by 7, wakes up at 7 (on the dot usually :rotfl: )
then shes has a 2 hours sleep in the day at around 10/10:30.... she always goes sleep without any trouble :D xx

Lucy's great too, has been since the beginning. I think she was born knowing the difference between day and night.

Although, I too am scared of jinxing myself!!

I count myself lucky that at 5 weeks old, little Josh sleeps from 7pm - 2am then 2:30am - 6:30am
Weve had one full night so far (7pm-8am) which was bliss and am really hoping for more :pray:

Isla's always been a good sleeper at night :) I would say from about 10 weeks she goes to bed between 8 - 9pm (am trying to push this back a bit) and will wake anywhere from 4 - 7am for a feed, then goes back to bed until anywhere from 9am - 10.30am :D This is fine by me, hehe! Last night she went down at 8pm, woke at 5am for a feed, went back to bed at about 5.45am and slept through until 10am this morning :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have a good sleeper too :)

After her bath, bottle and story she will go into her cot at around 8pm, then go through until about 8:30am. This has changed, she recently went through until between 9:30am and 10am because that's the time Mummy used to sleep til :oops: But I get up earlier now and she will hear me in the shower, we're usually eating breakfast at 9am these days!

After her lunch at 1pm she will go to sleep for a few hours so I can clean and have my lunch without being pestered (sp). She's actually still asleep now, OH will be home in 30mins :cheer:

I have a good sleeper, I reckon LO was born knowing the difference between day and night and that the basket was for sleeping in! He slept through 7pm - 10pm then a bottle then after bottle slept till 7am from 4 weeks old. Then at 13 weeks we dropped the 10pm bottle and hes slept 7 - 7 ever since.

Now me, if we can sort my sleeping out I'd be the happiest person alive!

Becky slept through at around 3 months (7pm-6am ish) and this continued until she was almost 5 months. From then on she was up early again (3am) and eventually this tapered off until she was sleeping till 5am again. Now she's at nursery she's sleeping 7-7 :dance:

Jacob is a good sleeper too :D

We get him ready for bed about 6.45pm, he has his bottle and a cuddle and we put him to bed awake, usually between 7 and 7.30pm. It doesn't take him long at all to drift off and he usually sleeps until around 6.30-7.30am!

I consider ourselves to be VERY lucky indeed.... when he is poorly and awake during the night it really hits us hard though :shock: I guess that's the one down side of having a good sleeper, we're not at all used to broken nights! x

We have a good sleeper too :D

He's slept fab from day one - apart from waking to be feed when I was bfing ;)

Now he goes to bed about 8pm and sleeps till 8.30am :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back