Going Out

lucylou

Reaction score
What do you do if you have a bedtime routine and are going out for the evening?

We settle Charlie at 8pm every night and he goes down so good and is used to that now, he get's ratty from 7pm as he seems to know it's nearly bedtime. We have been out a couple of times round friends houses and settled Charlie on their bed at his normal bedtime but then I feel so guilty disturbing him when we have to leave and it takes him a while to get back to sleep when we get home. Any suggestions as to how we can make this less stressful for him when we are out? x

what about having him in his sleepsuit and grobag(if you use one) when you put him down then when you get home you dont have to disturb him so much or invite your friends to you!!

When Mason was little we purposely let him have later bedtimes, I used to work at night so had an extra lie in with him in the morning. When we wanted to go out it was great! This time though Brody seems to want to be in bed by about 8 or 9.

I would recommend the same, getting him all into a sleepsuit etc while you are out. Either that or your friends will have to come to you!

Thanks Michelle, we do change him into his sleepsuit and grobag but it's just when we put him in the carseat we have to take the grobag off to buckle him up and it get's him really upset! We don't go out often as we do invite people to us but it's nice to go out once in a while x

ruben has a grobag with "travel feature" so it can be used with a 5-point harness like in a car seat. it's great!

http://www.bumpto3.com/product.aspx?DIS ... VID=AA1295

http://www.gro-group.co.uk/brands/groba ... 52_27.html

452.jpg

450.jpg

Thanks for your replies, that grobag looks great, what a good idea, could be worth getting one of them for sure, thanks Petchy x

Maybe leave the gro bag off till you get home then?
Hmm it's hard isn't it ...Brody is used to a gro-bag now aswell!

I'm lucky and Damien seems pretty adaptable t whatever we do, if we are out late, I get his dressed into his babygro before his last bottle and then he has that and drifts off to sleep by his pown accord, wether he is in his cot, my arms, someone elses arms, or anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back