Good old Scotland

cassi

Reaction score
I will be off to Edinburgh on Thursday night after work for a long weekend :D :D We will be spending 1 day in glasgow and kilmarnock visiting the in laws :shock: but any ideas on nice places to stay / not too expensive, and things to do.. I really want to go to the thatre and see something like beauty and the beast or lion king, is there any theatres there that do that sort of thing? Also any nice restaurants, we want to make it a really special time because it will be our last time away together alone. Well sort of im sure Jakob will make sure we know he is still there and kicking lol...

thx cas xx

I live in Edinburgh and think it's a fantastic city, much more to do here than any other city I've been to (other than London).

You have just missed the tattoo, and festival has ended, altho massive fire works display from the castle is on Sunday 3rd sept if u r here.

U can visit the castle, the palace, edinburgh dungeon, mary kings close, the zoo, ohh there's soo much. :wink:

thanks, yeah we had the zoo and dungeon on our list the other things sound good too...thanks for the programme :D.

I have never been to kilmarnock before, but obviously Alan has as its where he is from, he was born in Irvine, his family live in Kilmarnock on his moms side, so im going to be meeting the nan and cousins and aunties and uncles :shock: ive already met his mom and dad and their partners they live closer :).

I have never been to scotland before :oops:

Cas x

To be honest there's not all that much to do in the Ayrshire area, apart from drinking and the like but we're not allowed!!

Edinburghs lovely, no doubt you'll love it up there!

We are going to Kilmarnock for the day to meet his family thats all we will be doing there :D

Hi Cassi.... you're going to love Edinburgh!!!

There are so many B&B's but I could reccommend "Greens Hotel" on Eglington Crescent, near Haymarket train station. Nice and central too. Close by is the Modern Art Gallery, Zoo, St. Mary's Cathedral, Water of Leith, Princes Street Gardens, etc.....

The Playhouse is at the East End and a gorgeous theathre to visit. Check online what's on. I would highly reccommend the Morrocan Restaurant at the top of Dundas Street. The atmosphere is amazing. Blue Bar Cafe just off Lothian Road (near the gardens), is also fabulous.... excellent food!!!!

I hope you have a fabulous time.... apart from Cape Town, Edinburgh is a city with everything!!! I wish I was there to take you around.

If you find a B&B and you're not sure about the area, give me a shout... I can give you some advice!

Emilia xx

ps... If your DH is a football fan and has been following Scottish footy, he can go and support the Jambos at Tynecastle... also not far from Eglington Crescent. It can be his good deed :rotfl:

Yeah Emilia, long live HMFC!!! :rotfl:

"The talk of the toon r the boys in maroon, and auld reekie supports them with pride!" :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i went to glasgow in 2005 cant remember much i got so drunk, visited endinburgh for the end of the festival..was so nice i loved it!

How was your trip Cassi? .... I hope you had a fabby time!

:D Emilia xx

was great!!! had a hard time understanding Alans family lol very strong accents, wain? for baby, and breed for bread lol and she saids pokes for little bags .

went to irvine where alan was born, and also to ayr, when we went there i knew i had heard of it before and now i realise where i heard it, vicki!! hehe..

caS XX

cassi said:
was great!!! had a hard time understanding Alans family lol very strong accents, wain? for baby, and breed for bread lol and she saids pokes for little bags .

went to irvine where alan was born, and also to ayr, when we went there i knew i had heard of it before and now i realise where i heard it, vicki!! hehe..

caS XX

Its just way we talk :lol: Im local to all those places as well.

yeah i know they are all downthe road from eachother, we were hunting for a curry house hehe xx

:lol: Accents are great!!

Did you find a curry house then Cassi?

Nope lol, we drove past one on the bypass on the way to Ayr, then we went back and it was gone we couldnt find it again lmao, we must of gone back a different way!! hehehe

so i got a pizza and Alan got fish and chips, he asked for a saveloy though and got a funny look..then i told his family how silly it was that they didnt know what a saveloy was in the chippy and they looked bemused aswell lol..then i came to the conclusion that you dont actually have saveloys in scotland lmao :rotfl:

If you asked for a battrered sauasgae supper they would have known what you were on about Cas!!

I bet it was the Monkton Lodge you passed on bypass, next to a petrol station?

cassi said:
you dont actually have saveloys in scotland lmao :rotfl:

hehe, a saveloy. Im going to go and ask for one tonight.

That Indian might have been the Gulab, Vikki, have you ever tried it. Ive heard its nice. Oooooh, have you tried the Punjab in Saltcoats. Its the dogs!

I'm not really into indians to be honest, although i love Johnny Ho's for a nice chinese!

Going to mil's in saltcoats for dinner tonight actually!! Well think we have done for the past 2 weeks solid!! It's great being cooked for every night!

Vicki83 said:
If you asked for a battrered sauasgae supper they would have known what you were on about Cas!!

I bet it was the Monkton Lodge you passed on bypass, next to a petrol station?

a saveloy isnt battered though...

i think it was the gulab

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back