Good day today!!

Princess81

Reaction score
Well... I had an occupational health appointment today with work, after my consultants concerns from my early labour.

The nurse wasn't entirely keen on me being at work but accepted it from me that being at work was lots closer to the hospital than being at home is (which is true by the way). Also at home I'm on my own, whereas at work I'm with lots of trained first-aiders.

Anyhoo, the meeting resulted in my working hours being cut in half for my last 3 weeks there (still getting paid the same thankfully) :lol: also, they have insisted that if anything happens with me going into labour again that they are to send for an ambulance rather than taking me in a car. Finally, she wanted someone to be able to drive me into work (livnig alone the majority of the time that's never gonna happen) so she thinks HR at work should facilitate this. I personally think thats madness but I'm not the professional. So its 10 til 2 for me every day now :)

Mothercare are also sending me a £100 voucher for their shoddy service. Happy with that :)

lol glad youve had a good day :) least you get less hours for the same money! ive been signed off work due to prem labour as well, but im self employed so am not getting paid at the mo, grr.. hubby working hard tho bless him to make ends meet. we should be ok, luckily its xmas so we do quite alot of sales, im on admin duties lol, brains mashed tho so not sure how much use i am!
hows things going for you, all quiet on the baby front? we seem to have settled down again,
enjoy your time off :)
lib
xx

Yeah all seems well here, although I did have period type pains on and off all night last night, but too mild to be anything to take notice off. I still don't think that this baby will stay put for another 5 ish weeks though - but only time will tell.

Glad it's settled for you too, it's going to be on your mind til the baby arrives though :roll: x

yeh it is, is it the same for you? you kinda get jumpy with every twinge, docs dont think missy will stay put for more than a couple of weeks. ooh wonder which one of us will have our LO first lol, glad all has settled down for you too :)

now all the steroids are in and the baby is a good weight I am more excited with every twinge thinking that this could be it :lol: but it never is :roll: then I have to tell myself that every extra day cooking is a good thing for the baby lol x

lol I feel the same, its going to be a long few weeks! keep expecting it all to kick off, really need to get the xmas shopping done etc... but just not got round to it yet!

Good news hun! :)

What was mothercares shoddy service? £100 is bloody good compensation!! xxx

My last day is 9th December *counts down the days*

Mothercare really REALLY messed up our nursery furniture order. We placed it in May and in September they phoned to say that half of the stuff was unavailable as it had been discontinued. It just went from bad to worse - but I ended up getting the two "out of stock" items myself from ebay and then went back to mothercare to collect our other bits who then said that they didn't have any of the other stuff either. Anyway, they managed to get the items we were promised - at a massively discounted price and then the gift card too. That's cutting a very long story short lol x

Ah hun :hug: all BRILLIANT news :love: Well chuffed for youx

Definitely well deserved compo hun!!!!

It has made me happy, thanks girls :good: the money can go towards our travel system lol x

Fab news Jayne!! And thats not bad from Mothercare ey! xxx

wow, what a great occupational health you have!! i'm really suprised they have agreed to all that, fantastic news for you though and i'm SOOOO pleased :love:

also, great news about mothercare..ul have that bugaboo in no time! xx

Yeah I was fairly surprised that my hours were reduced so much, I was thinking maybe they'd just reduce it by a couple of hours per day or something, RESULT! To be fair I'm more than happy to drive myself the few miles to work, at that time of the day it will only take 10 minutes so I think that's over cautious.

As for mothercare I'm impressed with that as well, although I'm supposed to be getting this in the post within 11 working days so I'm not holding my breath lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back