Childcare

I am taking a year off and then going back to my current job (although I went for an interview for another position today but that's by the by).
O/h works away all week and I work shifts. I am going to apply for reduced hours when I go back to work and hopefully MIL will have l/o whilst I am working (I know she wants to). O/h can do his bit when I'm working at the weekends and my parents are coming over every month for a few days so they can join in too.
I'm planning on a couple of days at nursery per month for baby's social skills to develop, and to be away from me for a while to avoid clingyness - not sure if it's a good idea or not but that's what I'm trying ;)

I'm going to be taking 9 months off for mat leave then going back part time 2 days a week with LO in nursery for those days. We've got a really good nursery at the top of our road where I see the MW so I've been there quite a few times. I think for myself I have to go back to work plus we can't really afford for me not to work but we'll actually have more money if I go back part time than if I go back full time because of childcare costs and I'd rather spend the time with our LO. I think its a very individual choice though. x x x

its so hard isn't it? i'm going back to work hopefully 3 or 4 days a week and lo will have to go into a nursery. the depressing part is that the cost of a nursery isn't much less than i get paid per day. average cost around my area is £85-£90 per day :(

but i can't give up my job. i've worked so hard to get to where i am, i've studied and worked full time for the past 2 years and to take myself out of the jobs market right now would cause me long term problems :( also, i just dont think i can cope with staying at home all the time, i think it would get me down :(

i feel horrible about it though coz i know people will probably judge me for going to work and letting someone else look after my child where there is not much of a financial benefit :(

xx

i feel horrible about it though coz i know people will probably judge me for going to work and letting someone else look after my child where there is not much of a financial benefit :(

xx

Ignore them hun - it's your choice and they really don't have a right to question your decisions for you and your child. :hug:

Everyone is different, I'd love to stay home as I'm a real home body but the difference my small wage will bring home can't be ignored!!

No one should judge you for that hun. I totally get where you're coming from and you need to think about the future too and your career, which will also benefit lo. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back