Gonna stop working I think...

Jade89

Reaction score
I currently work for my mum and dads cleaning buisness 2 days a week but I don't think I can do it anymore :( My back always hurts, my ribs always hurt, i'm always short of breath and now i think i got a trapped nerve in my ass ( well very low down at the bottom of my back ), lol GREAT, so depite the pregnant penguin waddle i'm limping also, gosh i must look a state! :oops: And the buildings I have to clean are office buildings which means climbing alot and mopping alot of stairs! It's a good job I work for my mum and dad anyway and can stop working when I like!

Oh yes, stop working if you can! That does sound like a strain!

As for your trapped nerve it sounds like sciatica, I used to have this and found that when I sit or lie down i'd prop a cushion under that side which shifts the weight of your uterus off the nerve and it eased off after a few days. Its worth a try :wink:

yes it probably is sciatica it's well known in my family :roll: I'm trying to get in touch with my mum at the moment to tell her coz i'm supposed to be working tonight!

today i stopped working!

Stop if you can you get no medals for plodding on in pain my dear.

Well I got in touch with my Mum earlier and she said it's ok, no problem...I said if she's really desprate for me to work the odd day I will if this pain goes off...

My b/f is gonna get in from work at about 5 and he's got a big suprise pile of dishes waiting for him to wash them, coz today ive managed to hobble around in pain to clean my bathroom, livingroom, do some washing & folding, and I still gotta vacuum, mop up, clean kitchen sides etc...the list goes on. I have to keep coming to sit down though inbetween but if i don't do it who will :( It hurts so much to walk!

Make sure you have a day to take it easy hun. housework can wait if your in pain. you and the baby are far more important!Even though I know how frustrating it is when you want everything to be done and tidy!!

xx

I would leave it but ive got someone coming to evaluate my house tomorrow so it has to be done

Oh don't ya just hate housework? I can't get motivated to do anything at the moment :(

it diddnt bother me when i kept on top of it but it got out of control lol

Hope you start feeling a little better hun. I'm glad you are in a position to give up when you need to :hug:

Yup well I think my Mums been expecting me to give up for a while now...

some women stop work at 29 weeks and thats without doing a strenuos(sp?) job, but I had to give up sometime. If it wasnt for this trapped nerve or whatever it is I think I would have been able to carry on without any problem but as it is now I can barely walk :(

I had to give up at 30 weeks as I physically couldnt do it anymore (sorry I'm a secondary school teacher), lucky for me this coincided with us finishing for the summer hols so didnt have to start my mat leave until last sunday. Yeah I know I'm a lucky sod :D

hehe that is lucky! wow, I'm speaking to a teacher, hehe weird...seing as i only left school last year (may05).

StokeMum said:
hehe that is lucky! wow, I'm speaking to a teacher, hehe weird...seing as i only left school last year (may05).

Haha you could be a past pupil of mine :lol:

unless you teach in stoke on trent, I don't think so hehe! Wasn't it nerve wrecking being pregnant and teaching? or were kids in your school well behaved? At my school they ran around like headless chickens, i'd be so nervous incase they barged into me or something, like what happened with becca on hollyoaks.

Nahh my kids were fab, really looked after me and couldnt wait to see the scan pics :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back