Going to the doctor!

Lynniepants

Reaction score
Right, from memory... last time I was pregnant the only way they knew how far along you were until your first scan was from the date of your last period. Well, I've been on contraception and not had a period at all in years... (and look where the contraception got me :lol:)

So how are they going to work out when I should have my first scan and stuff?

I've been being sick on and off for about a month I think... if thats any indication to how far along i might be at all?

Awww that's exciting :yay: Is your head round things yet?

Right if you're sick about a month you're 8 weeks plus, so I think the only way is they'll book you in for an early scan and you'll be dated from there :)

Last edited:
Are they likely to do that if i just say "i have absolutely no clue"?

Yeah they will as they'll need a starting point because basically you could be 1 months pregnant of 6 months for all they know :D

If they do a scan and it only shows a very early pregnancy they can bring you back for one 2 weeks later.

What sort of pregnancy test did you do and why did you test?

What sort? One you pee on :lol: I did two actually... I never trust one. Did the test cos I've been sick/moody/lethargic... and my friend was winding me up and i suddenly thought "i might be actually".

Feel like I'm getting fatter too... tho that may just be that I'm actually getting fatter.

It was a strip test rather than one of the new conception indicator ones though?

Was it a good strong positive?

If you think you've been sick a month you must be 8 weeks plus :D

Yeah was a strip test rather than the digital ones. Was a stronger positive than the last time I was pregnant... and I think i was about 6 weeks when i tested last time.

I'm glad I missed the first 2 months then (well, we'll see!!)

Wouldn't it be great to get to about 12 weeks and then find out, wishing you luck hun :hug:

Yeah, early scan sounds like the answer :) Let us know wont you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back