Going on holiday with a baby....Members in Spain!

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
We're going on holiday to Tenerife next month :cheer:

I have a few things i'm unsure of and didn't want to hijack mthe other thread,

* Can you buy pampers nappies there, do they have the same name?

* What are the spanish like about breastfeeding, Is it ok to do it in public?

* Will i be ok just taking a sling or will i need a pram?

* If you do take a pram what happens at the airport?

* Do the hotels give you bedding for the cot or do you take your own?

I think there's other things as well but i've got mummy brain today!

Im not a member in Spain... and cant answer all your questions.. but can help with a couple of things!

When you check your bags in at the airport.. you keep hold of your pram.. the staff will put a destination label on it for you.. then as soon as you get to the doors of your plane, you just leave it at the side and it will be taken to the hold.. then at your destination airport, you have to carry your baby to the luggage carousel and wait for the pram to come thru (prams are normally out first) I think you should be giving your pram as soom as you come off the plane instead of having to carry bubs all the way to the carousel.

The hotels where I have been have provided bedding.. however, I have always taken his gro-bag and a thin cot sheet.. as im guessing not all hotels have the same standards and im a bit funny about putting my baby in a bed that loads of other babies have slept in (im not a snob...honest).

Sorry, but thats all I can help with. :D

Where are you staying in Tenerife? I have been there a couple of times and might have stayed at the same place as you.. Im going back there in 2 weeks :D

* Can you buy pampers nappies there, do they have the same name?
I've not seen pampers here :think: I have seen Huggies... there is a brand called Dodot here thats very popular. They are high quality nappies too... although the shops own brands are what we use, an lil miss has a lovely lil bum :)

* What are the spanish like about breastfeeding, Is it ok to do it in public?
Spanish people are weird where bfing is concerened. You HAVE to bf'd, there are lots of adverts where women bf, so its seen in the homes, but there is NO support for bfing mums, no HV's or visiting mw, so most women give up, so its not seen. Its a catholic country so as long as you are discreet then you shouldn't have a problem. They are all for families here, so they cater for women a lot who have babies. I've bf'd in many places an no one has complained yet.. but now I've said that I bet they will now

* Will i be ok just taking a sling or will i need a pram?
I'd take a sling, but just so you aren't lugging a pushchair everywhere. Most places have lifts and ramps but not everywhere, and I just love the easy of my sling. Plus baby wearing is so uncommon here that people coo all over your baby because they can see it.

* If you do take a pram what happens at the airport?
usually 2 things. You hand it in at the check in or you keep it till the gate. Same as any flight, but usually parents with young kids get priority boarding

* Do the hotels give you bedding for the cot or do you take your own?
I would assume so although I couldn't confirm that every hotel in Spain would do it...same as the UK really... but I know they will probably fold up single sheets to fit

hope that helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back