holidays in Spain

Magic Monkey

Reaction score
It's a long way off, but we have just booked a holiday to Spain in October, Ella will be 7 1/2 months when we go, so won't have to worry too much about formula, but, can you buy cow and gate easily in Spain(if at all). Or should I pack some to take with us? How about jars of food? Are they the same as here?

I totally want her to be adventurous with food, but think that 7 months may be a bit early to introduce spanish cuisine!

We went in February - LO was 5.5 months old - take your own formula - we didn't see ANY brands out there we recognised, they had a Nestle one but goodness knows what the tin said - we packed 2 tins in our suitcase and I'm so glad I did.

As for food, I'd take a few of her favourites but they do sell a very small selection of what we'd find in Tesco, mainly the Heinz tins for stage one, i.e. the beans and bacon or turkey and vegetables etc. We bought jars of the spanish foods while out there (although did take a few favourites with us) as the lables were clear, i.e. ham with vegetables or pork and potatoes and he ate them just the same. Do take any finger foods she likes though, i.e. rusks or organix crisps as I didn't find ANYTHING like that out there what so ever.

We're going on holiday to Majorca in October. We're going with Thomsons and the resort we're going to have like a babyfeed pack which you can request to be in your room. It has Heinz jars, Farleys Rusks, juice etc. Also, they have Mothercare equipment which you can hire like stroller, highchair, travel cot etc.
The babyfeed pack costs £15 and I think the equipment is priced individually.
I know it's a bit to pay but we won't have to pack food for the whole 11 days and worry about flight regulations and stuff. We just need to take jars for the journey there.

we took Alana to hungary when she was about 4 months old, we just used the local formula and juices. We even brought some back as Alana seemed to prefer them :rotfl:

Ive seen milupa in spain but not sure about cow & gate. depending on what part you going to, theres always British shops in the tousist areas that sell our brands of stuff

I'm going to Spain soon too (2 and a half weeks time :dance: ) so I'll let you know what I spot for babies :)

SMA, Cow and Gate, Aptimal... these are all brands that you can't get ordinarily in Spain.

Depending where you go... (e.g Playa Flamenca in Orihuela Costa, aka little Britain... ) you would be able to pick up a small tin SMA etc from the English Supermarkets in the area... but then they will be VERY pricy... :shock:

For a country that advertises breast as best, I found that there are hundreds more brands of baby milk than in the UK... you can buy baby milk for colic, for constipation, for reflux, each one individualised to a specific need... but you get these prescribed to you via you paediatrician but you can buy them over the counter from the chemist...

You can by cheaper brands (aka cow and gate / SMA equivalents) from any supermarket... but its hit and miss as to what they are like.. your doctor/HV/MW wouldn't advise them...but thats because they don't get dividends from prescribing them... not that there is anything wrong with them.

Your best bet is to just bring what you usually use... or enough for a couple of days so you can go to a chemist and ask them to suggest one. The price for a tin is between 15 to20€...which is another reason why a bf... :rotfl:

Cool, thanks Squig. We are going to Mijas, so close to touristy areas, but think I will just pack some to take with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back