Going off pets when pregnant

I think we'll shut the cat downstairs once the baby arrives cos it's just not worth the risk. If we close our bedroom door he digs up the carpet trying to dig underneath the door and keeps us awake miowing all night

i think some cats must be easier to live with than others. When my first came along we had 3 housecats. 2 were so scared of her they neve went anywhere near her, her stuff, her bed or anything and the other one loved her so much she used to snuggle up next to her when she was on the floor under her baby gym. Never had any problems with them at all really! And the friendly one only used to try and sneak into her cot if it was empty, so we soon learned to keep the bedroom door shut.
cat6.gif

muppetmummy said:
Has anyone else sort of gone off their pet whilst pregnant?

We have a ginger tom cat and normally although he gets hair everywhere, walks cat litter all over the kitchen floor etc, it doesn't bother me too much.

Since being pregnant I don't like him near me, and when I see him walking on the kitchen work tops, or lounging around licking his bits it drives me nuts. I don't know why, his very presence winds me up and I don't like him being around. I can't stop thinking about all the germs and stuff he's spreading around!

I feel really horrible cos I love him normally :(

Has anyone experienced this?

OH OH MEEEEE!!!!!!!

I feel this way... we have two ginger toms... actually I've just been reading your thread and one of them is sitting on the sofa licking his bits so I had to go shove him off because the sound was driving me batty...

I've started locking them in the kitchen too because of their insesent need to climb and jump and run around knocking everything flying.. and they don't listen to me.. and they are now too fast to catch with the water spray because I'm too big....

I thought it was me just being a horrid cow so haven't mentioned it... but agin all the cat litter, cats on the side, hair everywhere.. OMG it has been driving me batty where it wasn't bothering me before... I am so happy it's not just me.. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Babylicious said:
I've gone off the dog to the stage I want to take her to the rspca, just can't be bothered with her.

Awwww. Perhaps it is best you take her there for rehoming then. Shame you feel that way about her.

I struggled with my dogs when I was in my first tri, but that was more the fact I was too tired to take them on their usual 1-2 hour walks once or twice a day as they are used to. Hubby was great but he works full time and could not see to them every day. They got a bit energetic round the house and so on then, but I couldn't be mad at them as it wasn't their fault. Now I am over the tiredness its settled down again. I'd never part with them though. We are moving after Christmas and the one big thing was had to be suitable garden for dogs, chickens and kids.

I can't just take her, she's a family pet and my OH adores her. We had her spayed a couple of weeks ago and we are trying to wait for her to calm down, she's just so hyper all the time, drives me to distraction!

Babylicious said:
I can't just take her, she's a family pet and my OH adores her. We had her spayed a couple of weeks ago and we are trying to wait for her to calm down, she's just so hyper all the time, drives me to distraction!

Just it sounded like you were really just wanting her gone in your earlier post.

She should settle down a bit once spayed. But then it often depends on the breed or cross breed. Some are just active regardless :roll:

Good luck with her and I hope things improve and she settles.

We gave out 2 house rabbits away to a lovely new home last week :cry: I just couldn't stand the little bits of hay that seemed to get all over the house! I wasn't that keen on finding bits of hay in odd places in the house (one of the rabbits is longhaired so it would get stuck to him then on the floor. By walking through the house, OH and I would inadvertantly drag bits of hay around) especially on my towel but I just didn't think I could cope with it and the baby! Also, the baby is getting the bunnies' room so they would have to move to the living room and would eat all my furniture!!!! I miss them as they are so sweet and love to be petted and we had them for 18 months, but I think it was for the best.

On the other hand, I'm getting lots more cuddles from the cat and I love it. :D He is locked into the living room which has access to the kitchen at night. When I get up to go to the loo in the early hours I let him out so he will come and give me cuddles! But OH deals with his litter and as we use wood pellets there don't seem to be any horrible smells.

You never know Baby, she could be a completely different dog once the hormones in her systems have worn off. My parents dogs were annoying as hell until they were spayed.

We found a solution to cat hair anyway......buy a sofa that matches the cat :rotfl:

CIMG0053.jpg

muppetmummy said:
You never know Baby, she could be a completely different dog once the hormones in her systems have worn off. My parents dogs were annoying as hell until they were spayed.

We found a solution to cat hair anyway......buy a sofa that matches the cat :rotfl:

CIMG0053.jpg

Problem is it's my clothes... with the cat hair... ours are ginger and white... and well I only wear black... ergo.. cat hair everywhere :wall: :wall: :wall:

Muppetmummy, your cat is so cute, how can you go off him?! :shock:

I sitll cuddle and lie next to my cats to the extent that my DH gets restless and says I shouldn't for Maurice's sake. WHATEVER.

Our cats have never been allowed upstairs though, they're only allowed in the lounge, dining room and kitchen, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem when Maurice arrives.

Our sofa has a cover over it permanently - it's the only way we can deal with cat hair (two part-Persians and a tabby) and overnight vomit...

Muppetmummy, your cat is so cute, how can you go off him?!

I'm sure it's just the hormones, have been making an effort today to show him some love.

He's still an annoying git though, he went into James room early this morning shouting to find out where everyone was, woke James up by jumping on him, and that was my lie in finished! :wall: :wall: [/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back