Pet Rats.....

SuziQ

Reaction score
Before you say anything.. they are really sweet ad good pets.. but wanted to know if anyone knew if they are ok for pregnant women to handle/ clean out etc etc

I know that there is an issue with Cat er.. Litter.. in pregnancy.. but I don't know if there are any issues with pet Rats?

Anyone??

x

I had four pet rats as a teenager and they were fantastic pets.
Not sure if they are a risk during pregnancy though :think:

ahhh little ratties..i used to have loads when i was at uni....

Muppet Mummy and Debbie M... U HAVE MADE MY DAY.....

I used to have pet rats in the past 6 years......LOTS and I really miss them.

I'm going to buy Rats at the weekend!! owoohohoho

Thanks, :cheer:

x

I would say... check with your vet or midwife before you buy any though... :)

i love rats... i had a few of them whne i was a teenager

Now this may sound minging but one of them used to come to bed with me at night and snuggle up by my feet and would be there when i woke up in the morning! and with sulley i had to go and buy a hoodie so he could sit in the pouch when i took him out!!!

I had thoguht about getting another rat but will prob wait a few years till the kids know not to put their fingers in the cage!

xxx

I'd think they would be fine. So long as you wash your hands after handling them/their food bowls/cleaning out etc should be quite safe.

We have all sorts of animals here and tbh there are probably as bad a bunch of germs on my kitchen worktop as from the animals.

I avoid cat poo of course, and the cat here lives outside, but other than that, with good hygeine, I don't worry.

i have rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! twinkle and sugars :D
hubby cleans them out to be on the safe side i hold them all the time just make sure i wash hands well afterwards :)
manda xx

Right... I'm off to buy 2 babies tomorrow then..

Manda.. am going to PM you.. If my pm works alright at work!!!

cant believe so many of us have had rats!!

My favourite one's were two boys called Morph (black and white) and Lennon (brown).
Morph was a bit dopey but he was so sweet, they used to run around my bedroom and climb up my clothes in the warbrobe and run up and down the clothes rail :lol:
Morph was a pig and I was always finding him in the bin looking for food scraps :rotfl: :rotfl:

At the same time as those two I had one called Zorba who was a girl, and she was so fast! Very clever and switched on. And a girl called Jasper who was a but vicious when I first got her but she chilled out in her old age and became very affectionate.

My first ever rat was called Jarvis and she was awesome, very loving. She had an accident in her wheel once and her tail got caught up and partially ripped off. I got her free though and she chewed her mangled tail off!! She lived a couple years after that though and coped fine with half a tail.

I also inherited my brothers boy rat, Beavis too cos he got bored of him. :evil: He was lovely too, very like Morph.

I loved my Ratties, haven't got the patience for the cage cleaning these days though

Ohhhhhhh

All this talk of rats and how friendly they are makes me miss mine and now i want another rat!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back