going back to work

tommy

Reaction score
i just wondered what everyone was doing about going back to work, i should be going back in sept but have more or less decided not to .It will make money a bit tight but i think it will be worth it

These days with the price of childcare it would not be financially worth while for me to go back and the fact that I don't want anyone else to look after Dom.

Would like to eventually work from home though doing my IT support stuff so you can kill two birds with one stone then ;)

It's a hard choice for us mums to make.

The main reason i don't want to go back is i want to watch hannah grow but it's the same with me too once i had paid for child care there would not be alot of my wages left.

We are fortunate to have my mum watching Jessica 2.5 days a week while I work. I actually like going to work, we dont have much choice financially and we have such fun while Im off.

Can you not claim a reasonable part of your childcare costs back through tax credit?

Was just going to say the same about tax credits, dont they pay a fair bit towards childcare costs?

No idea what im doing, cant really afford to stay at home thou although i would like too!

I will have to see if/when my mom wants to look after Brody for a couple of days a week when my Mat leave runs out (may/juneish)

She used to have Mason, but obviously a 4 year old and a 6 month old are poles apart when it comes to the amount of work it takes to look after them.

When I do go back I will work short days so I can drop off and pick Mason up from school.

i didnt get a choice i had to go back to work epecially with baby no 2 on the way the boss wont be impressed (my mum) lol i get 70% of childcare costs paid for me

I am due to go back to work in June. I want to go back part time as I just feel that I need to have some time for me - I guess it sounds selfish but I miss working, especially the social side. However I love spending time with Seren and know I will miss her horribly but financially it would help for me to work and it will also allow OH to spend mor time with her as he will be reducing his hours too so he can be at home with her for one day, me with her for two and hopefully nursery for one/two days.

I went back to 'work' part time after two weeks, and even though I'm only in the office upstairs, it broke my heart leaving Alex downstairs with his Dad.

Minikins, it's great working from home, but make sure you have set hours. I was on call 24/7 before Alex which I didn't mind so much, but despite me telling my main client over and over that I'm only working 10am - 2pm, they still phone me at all hours of day with 'just a quick question'.

Tracy xx

I have to go back fulltime as I earn double what DH does and my wages pay all the bills and buy all the food. :(

We're already panicking about what we're going to do about the 4 and a half months with £106 a week!

As for what is going to be happening to the baby - full time nursery. My daughter went and it really benefited her. She was in a routine from a really early age, has great social skills and is really intelligent.

We'll be back in Florida in two weeks and I'm thrilled about that but I have to start job hunting as well, so not so happy about that. I'm really thankful I'll have been a SAHM for 7 months though and hoping I will be a SAHM again soon!

My mom will be watching Ava so I'm so happy about that and it's making the idea of working full time much easier on me!

I'm not going back to work. :lol:

I want to be a stay at home mum so me and OH waited 4yrs to have Phoebe so that he had chance to build his career and earn a decent wage.

I am thinking of getting a little work from home job though.

There is no way I could leave Phoebe. I'd cry all day!! I am one of the lucky ones though. :D

Im not going to work.

Ive always been a stay at home Mum. Although I have often had part time jobs that fitted in with the children (worked in a Playgroup for 4 years)

I feel lucky too Bubbles and looking forward to he next 5 years before Aidan goes to school.

BTW...Still not a Nanna :(

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i really dont know what im doin, really cant afford to live on 100 a week. my money pays all bills/mortgage. im worried now with having a section, its got to be longer off than usual, but i work in a secure hospital, where i do have to use restraint occasionally, and am at risk off assault etc, the company will not let me have patient contact til im 100% fit, but they are not obliged to give me light duties as they did when i was preg. this could mean a long time off work on 100 a wk....im sweeping it under the carpet at the mo, but am going to have to address it this week...im scared!!

Im gonna get a part time job when Dylans a year old i dont wanna miss a thing while his growing so fast i wanna enjoy all his firsts! :D

I went back to work 4 weeks ago. I work 6-10pm in a factory. Its horrible! I spend all day looking after Reece, then I go to work, then I go to bed. Dont get any time to myself anymore! :cry:
Saying that, his first nap in the morning usually lasts an hour so I can have a cuppa, wash dishes, go on net etc.

I always thought i wanted to be a stay at home mum but I climb the walls if I spend more then two weeks off work!! I have decided to return to work for two reasons 1) to keep up the standard of living we have become custom too and 2) to have that time to be me and not my bundles mum (Ihope that doesnt sound selffish but I want to be me as well).

I have today submitted my letter to my employer informing them of my proposed leave date and return to work date,

I leave on the 17th April on two weeks annual leave and start mat officially on the 1/05/06, 5 days before edd.

I have also asked them to consider shortening my hours to 4 day week 9 till 3.30 which means I would be home by 5.30 to pick up from nursery, which although seems late is much better then getting home between 7 and 7.30

im not going back to work, i did a childminding course so i can stay at home and earn money, but im not going to do that just yet either.

me and jase are both going back to college part time/evenings in september, he wants to earn a trade so he can earn more money, and i fancy doing a fittness course, get back in to shape, kill two birds with one stone! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back