going back to work

Gruntie2

Reaction score
i just wondered.. if i decided i don't want to go back to work.. how do i inform my employer? is it ok to write a letter or is there another way it has to bedone?

for me, i have to inform my HR in writing 8 weeks before im due to go back.

Have you still got your maternity pack from them? it should say in there

no i haven't like many hings that my company do.. they never gave me anything in writing just told me what date i am due back.. is eight weeks the norm????? i thought it was whatever notice u have give if u were resigning???

Hiya, I thought it was 28 days notice - the same if you change the date you want to go back. I think also it depends on your notice period with your employer like you say. x

Like i say its 8 weeks with my employer but i dont no who you work for or the standard practices

i can't see on that website where it says 8 weeks????????

Giving notice of your return to work

If you take your full leave, you don’t need to give notice that you’re coming back, but it’s a good idea to do so.

If you decide not to return to work at all, you must give your employer notice in the normal way.

What is YOUR nornal way of giving notice, do it that way.....

Not sure but i know in the NHS you have to work at least 3 months or youhave to pay back the maternity pay :shock:
I am just reducing my hours which you are allowed to do.

you only have to pay back the money if you got more maternity pay than just normal statutory maternity pay

I think 8 weeks is the notice period you must give if you want to go back earlier than you told them you would. I think you can just give your normal notice period if you aren't going back when your mat leave finishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back