God parents...

Amanda W

Reaction score
How many god parents mothers and farthers can you have?

as many as yo ulike i think!

we are going to struggle to just pick one of each anyway :lol:

I think if its a boy its 2god fathers/1 god mother and the other way round for a girl. That's what I've always been told, could be completely different though!!x

yeah for a boy its two god fathers and a god mother and for a girl two godmothers and a godfather. It depends on preference though. Phil (OH) and i are getting him christened in church, and his mother is a vicar so we've bbeen asking. You can however use a parent as a god parent, so phil will be god father as well as father with his friendtaking on the the role of LO's other godfather. Obvs, all godparents have to be chritened.

I would have thought if you wanted to do a naming ceremony as opposed to a christening, you could have as many 'godparents' as you desired.!!
xxx

My friend has just had her little boy christened in a catholic church and she had three sets of Godparents!!! She said she couldn't choose out of her closest friends so just went with three couples instead...

Traditionally it is how the above have stated though...but do whatever makes you happy xx

I thought it was two men and a woman for a girl and the opposite for a boy xx

I'm pretty sure it's one of the same sex of the baby and two of the other.

My daughter has 2 god mothers and 2 god fathers, my youngest daughter will have the same, this baby will have 2 god mothers and 3 god fathers. you can have as many as you like!

We're not getting our baby christened because we're not religious. We're going to do our own naming ceremony and do X-Factor style auditions for our friends to be 'godparents'. Being totally serious too! We have a great group of mates and I think it will be a riot and a proper laugh. Already planned it in my head - going to do it in our garden next summer, get the stage and PA system from work (we've even got a big red buzzer somewhere!) and get our mates to show off their special skills. The winners will go head to head in some kind of challenge to be crowned godparent!

It differs with which specific religion you follow but general rule of thumb is 2 of same sex of child and one of opposite.

We've only chosen one of each though x

madison has 2 god mummys and one godfather but with my church we cud have had two of each xx

Hmm.. I was baptised.. But never goto church now that i have a choice

I dont know whether to baptise baby.. What would it mean, obligations wise? I would have to join a church or something huh.. Are babies even allowed to goto church? They are noisey!

Im not particuarly religious but my husband is a practicing catholic. He wishes for peanut to be baptised and have catholic upbringingi dont have a problem with this as long as when the child is old enough to make a decision he/she can withdraw from going to church. He even mentioned me getting baptised and you can imagine the answer and it ended in ...off!! Dont know who we gonna have god parents dont wanna upset anyone!!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back