giving blood

dina.marie

Reaction score
i wasnt really to sure what section to put this in, but is it safe to give blood if ur ttc/pregnant? theres a blood drive on the 29th and i really want to do it but it will be too early for me to know if im preg or not???xx

the latest advert for giving blood is about an 11 week prem baby

They won't allow a pregnant woman give blood as it may be too dangerous, (this is due to ppl fainting lol)
when u go to the blood drive there is normally a section where they ask questions first to make sure it is safe for you.
Let them know your ttc, and see wot they say.

i told the lady when i was getting my ears peirced the other day we are ttc and she refused to do it, but i'm not sure about giving blood however if they won't peirce my ears i doubt they will let you give blood however there isn't anything stopping you going to the place and asking
lol i was naughty and went to another place (same company 'claires' and it was the other side of town) and got them peirced i didn't mention we were ttc :lol: :twisted: i asked the first lady if it would affect any possible pregnancy and she said no they only do it to protect themselfs just incase i faint

Hi Dina.Marie

I tried to donate blood about 6 weeks after my first m/c but when I told them what had happened, one of the nurses explained that they usually advise to wait the same amount of weeks as you were pregnant before donating again (i.e. in my case 10 weeks later). They were really lovely about it and just told me to go home and look after myself first and foremost. In your case hun I would think it's too early to be thinking about donating blood, as your body is still probably working to replace what you lost during the m/c. I felt guilty walking out of the session without donating, but sometimes you've got to be a bit selfish and put yourself first x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back