Giving Birth

Im Not Sure Whats Changed In The Last Couple Of Days But An eerie Calm Has Come Over Me About The Birth. Its Hard To Explain.. Its Like I Suddenly Have This Empowered Feeling and All My Worries Evaporated? Maybe My Body Has Just Got Ready In Preperation, I Dont Know.. But Im Unbelievably Excited About The Whole Thing Now & Dont Have Any Stresses About Not Being Ready. Its a Humble Feeling :) xxx

Out Of Curiosity.. Did Anyone Experience This Leading Up To Labour?

J-Do1979 said:
I am really excited about having our son and finally saying hello to him for the first time and having him in my arms. But I am scared too. I think its more fear of the unknown than anything as this is my first baby and I just dont know what to expect. I think the whole experience will be really surreal. I mean, clearly I know Im pregnant but when I read about other peope having a show and starting getting contractions etc it just doesnt feel real that its gonna happen to me too! I cant get my head round that one day there is me and DH and a bump and the next day there will be 3 of us and that little person is completely and utterly dependent on me for everything. Its scary stuff but exciting too!!

yeah.. tbh.. it doesnt seem real when your in labor.. you think is it gonan stop etc...and after u have it it takes a few days to become 'real' and no.. noones coming to pick this baby back up.. its actually mine lol..

I am so excitied about meeting my little man, i must admit i am slightly worried about the labour but i will get through it whatever happens and he will be here. Had a bit of a rough time with recovery after damon and that is what i am most worried about to be honest, once again though i will get through it and it will be worth it.
Im going into labour with an open mind, there is no way i imagine i will be able to do it on a few paracetamol again so im just going to see what happens and take what i need at the time.
All in all i would say im fairly calm about it because i know whatever happens it will be worth it.
I am slightly worried about damon though, i know he will still want alot of attention and i dont want him feeling left out, maybe he is too young to be feeling that, i dont know. :think:

Im crapping myself. :shock:

Why cant we just Lay Eggs like chickens?!?

I'm not too worried about the labour itself - course it's gonna hurt but you deal with it and you know the pains for a brilliant reason. Its the afterpains i'm not looking forward too. Mine have gotten worse after each pregnancy so i've got my arnica and raspberry leaf tablets at the ready lol.

having been in hospital for so long I am now feeling quite calm about the whole process :shock: I heard over 40 women giving birth whilst on delivery suite and the pain I endured was way beyond that of labour :shock: and it also will be a means to an end for me ' a light at the end of the tunnel' as it were as i can then have my stent removed and my pile op done :puke: and be pain free for the first time in months :cheer:

my main worry has now gone from down syndrome to the damage the drugs may have done and as said earlier the cot death afterwards. Oh the joys of parenthood.

good luck and wishes to all who are worried in any way :hug:

I've been totally crapping it about the birth but now I'm so ready...

I just want to get the whole thing over with and hold my baby. I'm getting very uncomfortable, feeling tired and I'm getting to the stage where I'm fed up with pregnancy already (and I could potentially still have 10 weeks left!)

I've not really made a birth plan although I'd like to have a go in the birthing pool...but I'll see how I feel once it's all happening...BRING IT ON!!!!!!! :rotfl:

I am quite calm and looking forward to it. I hope to keep quite an open mind about the birth but am going to try for as natural as possible- will see how things go on the day.

My main worry is looking after her when she is here.....

I am not worried about labour really - but I do have nightmares after every anti natal class - think I must be in denial the rest of the time. I cant wait to meet my baby though, I worry that everything will be ok, but I think this starts with the second blue line, and will continue for a few years yet. Im not doing a birth plan, cant plan for something I have no experience of in my mind, ill just see how it goes - oh except that my MIL will not be there although she thinks she will be :roll: [/b]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back