Giving Birth

BabyLove

Reaction score
Soooo ... How Are All The Tri 3 Ladies Feeling About Labour? :) Nervous? Excited? Scared? Aprehensive? Calm? ...

Thought It Would Be Nice To Discuss Our Feelings As This Is a Time Of Massive Change & Emotions/Feelings Are Bound To Be In Overload. Some Of You May Not Even Be Thinking About It Yet But I Personally Cant Get The "Big Day" Out Of My Head As It Grows Nearer & Nearer. Im Really Looking Forward To It & Am So Excited About The Whole New Experience But Id Be Lying If I Said I Wasnt a Bit Fearful Too. I Keep Worrying That I "Wont Be Ready" Or That I'll Become Panicked As I Like To Be Organised & I Know Labour Has No Time Table! I Cant Wait For Labour To Start & Just To Finally Have My Baby But Then Again Iv Got a Feeling I'll Get Flustered Because I Associate Pain In Pregnancy With Bad News So I Think "How Will I Know Its Labour?".. Silly Question Maybe. I Think For Me Its a Control Thing Tbh.. Im Going To Find It Hard Not Controlling Everything In An Organised Fashion LOL

How Do You Feel? :)

I am looking forward to it to be honest. Am so fed up of being pregnant now it feels as tho its never gonna end. Every little twinge or cramp I think is this it this time and its hasn't been so far and I get myself all excited for nothing. Can't wait to meet my LO and I feel that 40 weeks is far to long to wait! I am scared about how well I am going to handle the pain and about the loss of control but I feel that it will all be worth it just to get to hold my LO. My OH is actually more nervous about the labour/birth then I am :D xxxxxxx

i have the sort of feeling of... cant wait.. but the complete same amount of feeling of... dont want it yet... if that makes sence. im enjoying being pregnant sooooo much... i love my bump and missed the bump with charlotte when she came out.. plus having sleep depravations really really hard work.. and im one of these who needs and i mean NEEDS! a good 8 hrs a night..it seriously kills me to have no sleep.. im just hoping this one is a good baby...not sure how you fit a newborn neatly into your life with other kids.. school run uniforms packed lunch etc etc etc gah!!! and still manage to rest... the thought of gettign up after night feeds at 7 to get ready for school kills me...

but about the big day...im pretty much looking forward to it...its exciting to find out whats in there.. and see a whole new person.. and to make my husband a whole new person... its just crazy.. and very emotional..

crazy i know but i feel like im not going to enjoy this baby as much as charlotte.. perhaps because i wanted her out soooo badly..loved ehr the second she was out..but now know how much hard work it is being a mummy (not jsut in the early days) and because its a 2nd child.. feels weird to think i can love something just as much as i do her... im going to try not to expect to much from myself.. and i think hopefully i will supprise myself :)

I am having proper mixed emotions/thoughts on it all- when the doc said on Thursday he could feel his head so it prob only be another 2/3 weeks at the most I got really excited because I want to have my baby so much. But, at the same time the thought of the physical processes of labour are really scary- this pain I've been having is enough- don't think I can take anymore :rotfl: (and I am supposed to be having a home birth with only TENS and birthing pool for pain relief :shock: )

so yes, totally mixed -want to to happen but scared- I suppose it's like a hyped-up version of how you feel before going on a big ride at the Alton Towers or before sky diving!

I just want it to hurry up and happen!!!!! :pray:

im about page 17 into my hypnobirthing book.. says pain is brought about by fear apparently

i'm really not that worried about it, really quite excited. Feel pretty prepared for it!! I'm scared of having a c section though.

I'm feeling really good about it at the moment - I have days where I think "oh heck!" but I'm determined to be brave and really positive and try to enjoy it if that's not too naive. Pain's only temporary and everyone gets through it! Have done loads of practice at active birth classes so feel as prepared as you can get...

Don't finish work till 21st Dec, so that's my target at the moment, can't wait! After that I might start to dwell on the birth a bit more.

Little 'un's still desperate to be out, i think, she's really burrowing and running out of room!

I'm really excited about afterwards, but I am really scared about the c section itself as I don't like hospitals at the best of times, and definitely not operations.

im more scared of hospital and invasion of my privacy and my choices and rights... more than the pain and birth...and a c section! gah!!!!

Having to do the whole cot death thing... that scares me silly... Its the one thing I hated about having Tia.... The fear that every morning when you wake you, you could wake up to a dead baby... Don't think emotionally I would be able to cope if that happened.

I mean I was proper paranoid when I had Tia... in the same respects that I've been proper paranoid this time too that the baby will die before it's born... or during childbirth. Tia nearly died and it was just so scary...

Birth doesn't scare me this time round, but the sense of responsibility over another humans life for me was a very scary adventure...

People say... when the baby is born, you love it instantly and it's just not true... I think you have a sense of awe over this small creature you have brought into this world, but its the terror at looking down at this helpless innocent and thinking... "my god... what will I do if it does have the naughty things I've done in my life!".... "What if it gets run over?" "what if it takes heroin..." the list of things is endless....

You convince yourself that someone is going to take this little bundle away from you and there will be nothing you can do... and thats really the love... and when you look back you realize that yer... you did love them from the start... just its so surreal at the time.. :shock:

I worry about how DD will react to the new arrival.. will she feel put out, loved less somehow.. all fears second time mothers feel... :lol:

I also worry about money... I suppose all the practical things... But labour doesn't worry me this time around.... Its a means to an end and I know by the time I get there, it will be a welcome release from the bonds of pregnancy...

Im feeling a mixture of emotions to be honest, most of the time im really excited and just cant wait to get there and get stuck in hehe im really looking forward to birth and the whole experience of it... I know its gunna be painful and hard work and im fully prepared for that but im more excited that ill be bringing a new life (our daughter) into the world and thats such an amazing thing!

On the other hand I keep all of sudden become very scared & anxious and basically thinking 'OMG!!' but I think thats natural as im venuring into the unknown. I have worried a bit about what if something goes wrong or I end up having an emergecy section but at the end of the day nobody knows what will happen on that day so theres not alot of point in me worrying about something that may not even happen!

I plan to go into labour/hospital with an open mind & see what happens.... cant wait!! :D:D Its all so exciting & not long to go now! :cheer:

I am really scared. I'm not looking forward to it as all I seem to be hearing at the moment is other peoples horror stories. :talkhand:

I can't wait till it's all over and I can forget all about the bad bit. xxx

Squiglet said:
Having to do the whole cot death thing... that scares me silly... The fear that every morning when you wake you, you could wake up to a dead baby... Don't think emotionally I would be able to cope if that happened.

I've been proper paranoid this time too that the baby will die before it's born... or during childbirth. ...

Im Always Thinking & Worrying About This. Its a Case Of.. "This Is Too Good To Be True" For Me x

Squiglet said:
Having to do the whole cot death thing... that scares me silly... Its the one thing I hated about having Tia.... The fear that every morning when you wake you, you could wake up to a dead baby... Don't think emotionally I would be able to cope if that happened.

I mean I was proper paranoid when I had Tia... in the same respects that I've been proper paranoid this time too that the baby will die before it's born... or during childbirth. Tia nearly died and it was just so scary...

Birth doesn't scare me this time round, but the sense of responsibility over another humans life for me was a very scary adventure...

People say... when the baby is born, you love it instantly and it's just not true... I think you have a sense of awe over this small creature you have brought into this world, but its the terror at looking down at this helpless innocent and thinking... "my god... what will I do if it does have the naughty things I've done in my life!".... "What if it gets run over?" "what if it takes heroin..." the list of things is endless....

You convince yourself that someone is going to take this little bundle away from you and there will be nothing you can do... and thats really the love... and when you look back you realize that yer... you did love them from the start... just its so surreal at the time.. :shock:

I worry about how DD will react to the new arrival.. will she feel put out, loved less somehow.. all fears second time mothers feel... :lol:

I also worry about money... I suppose all the practical things... But labour doesn't worry me this time around.... Its a means to an end and I know by the time I get there, it will be a welcome release from the bonds of pregnancy...

I'm with you on just about everything you've said there!

I remember the first few nights I was home with Harry were the worst...I suppose looking back it's all part of the baby blues thing but I felt really unsettled. I've been INCREDIBLY lucky with him and the only time he's ever woken during the night was our first night home. The second night home was the first time he slept through the night, and because you don't expect that kind of thing with a newborn I remember waking up in a complete panic thinking OH MY GOD! But of course, he was absolutely fine. :sleep:

As for worrying about all the terrible things that could happen during their lives, apparantaly this is actually the one thing that worries mums with new babies the most!

I suppose in a way it's a good thing to worry, because ultimately it shows how much love you must be feeling and how much of a great mum you'll be!

i think as mums we are programmed to worry :) i still worry all the time about my dd, when she comes out of school i give her the lecture about if anything is worrying her she knows she can tell me anything blah blah and still check her when she is sleeping and bless her at 13 she is getting a bit fed up :oops:

im excited about having the baby but im trying not to plan my birth too much until ive had my 34 week scan of the placenta. i hope its moved :pray: i so want to have my homebirth this time
im a little worried about the breastfeeding cos i really wanna do it and it went tits up( :roll: ) last time.

I am really excited about having our son and finally saying hello to him for the first time and having him in my arms. But I am scared too. I think its more fear of the unknown than anything as this is my first baby and I just dont know what to expect. I think the whole experience will be really surreal. I mean, clearly I know Im pregnant but when I read about other peope having a show and starting getting contractions etc it just doesnt feel real that its gonna happen to me too! I cant get my head round that one day there is me and DH and a bump and the next day there will be 3 of us and that little person is completely and utterly dependent on me for everything. Its scary stuff but exciting too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back