Girls names

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hope everyones ok with me posting this here (Baby Names always seems very quiet lol :p) but me and OH have narrowed it down to 2 baby girl names we really like. Just wondering what you all think really? Our surname is Matthews and the middle name remains undecided lol!!

Dia or Delta?

(PS I am asking for peoples opinions but the last time I posted names I liked a few people were rather nasty about them - I realise I'm asking for opinions but no rude ones please :p)

xxx

I really like Delta and think it flows quite nicely with your surname.

I've not heard of Dia before - would that be said like dee - ah? both are pretty but out of the two I do prefer Delta :)

Hope everyones ok with me posting this here (Baby Names always seems very quiet lol :p) but me and OH have narrowed it down to 2 baby girl names we really like. Just wondering what you all think really? Our surname is Matthews and the middle name remains undecided lol!!

Dia or Delta?

(PS I am asking for peoples opinions but the last time I posted names I liked a few people were rather nasty about them - I realise I'm asking for opinions but no rude ones please :p)

xxx

delta fits perfectly with your surname (oh and as i did as you requested in thepost and made no rude comments can i suggest roxanne is a fantastic sounding middle name hehe only joking hun)

good luck with rest of pregnancy

I like Dia, for me sounds more exciting for some reason:)))

Ooo I like both. Would you say Dia like Dee-ah? Erm..... I think I'll go for Dia being my favourite. They're both lovely names though and both would go well with your surname. x

Both are lovely Names :) why would anyone be nasty about the names you choose for your baby?? Bit harsh :(

Both are lovely, I really like Delta and think it goes really nicely with your surname, and Dia sounds quite exotic, I've never heard it before.

It's such a shame how people can be so rude about the names you like. Some people have said that our name is ridiculous (we're calling our LO Caleb) and I just turn round and say "wow, it's so strange how a person can insult what I'm thinking of calling my child..." Then they feel a bit guilty!

As long as you love the name that's all that matters xx

Alot of people didn't like my choice of name especially for Jaycee but now people I come across love it! Sod everyone else if u love the name use it! Obviously if it's not gonna cause probs for the child being named something the can be bullied for like bajina.. :lol:
I like the idea of making them feel guilty for being rude! If I genuinely didn't like a name I'd be polite about it I don't see how anyone could be rude about a name unless like I've said before it's something like vanker (Id come up with better silly names but I'm tired and preg brain lol) xx

Thanks girls, and for those who've asked it is pronounced dee-ah :) They werent insulting the names as such, basically I'd put a selection of girls and boys names I liked (before I knew I was expecting a girl :p) and a couple of people just put "all horrible" or "i hate them all" and things like that - my point is if you don't like ANY of them why bother to put anything? And if people did feel the need, like some of you have stated, theres no need to be nasty. For the record I love jaycee, very pretty and unusual :D#

I think me and OH are leaning towards Dia though.... interesting reason for that is there's a band I like called the Meg and Dia Band (they're not signed anymore sadly and no one has ever heard of them lol) but Dia Frampton from the band appeared on The Voice this year (American version of X Factor) and came second :( but yeah basically my OH emailed her asking her to send me a hand written letter because I've been a fan for years and she did!!! Obv I do actually love the name Dia so yeah that's where it came from lol sorry for rant :p xx

Aww if it's sentimental then go with Dia! I like them both equally tbh
I think that's really rude.. If i didn't like a selection of names I wouldn't comment at all.. Sorry u had to get replies like that. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's no need to put negativity on something so special as your daughters name :hug:

Yeah it is quite special to us so I think we're team Dia at the moment but weve both agreed it's not set in stone and we'll see what she looks like first :) Yeah I was quite shocked to be honest but never mind, I'm glad I've had a good response to Dia/Delta :) My mums been a pain in the backside, every name I've liked shes just said "you're not calling her that" literally just like that and I really have to bite my tongue because I just wanna say "bugger off its my baby and i'll name her what I want" shes trying to push me into naming her something old because apparently all the old names are coming back now lol like she'd know :p xx

I suggest not telling anyone til the baby is born.. I doubt they'd be that rude when the baby is actually here and named! :hug:

Definitely agree with Dia. It is more special when there is a reason behind the name. We have done the same for our two middle names.... One is the name of my cousin (andrew) who passed away at a young age and the second (David) is because on our holiday with bump we saw the statue of David which we were just so amazed about... We were thinking similar deal if it was a girl but we are definitely team blue. :)

Dia will also be easier for your little girl to learn to write. :)

It's so nice that Dia has such a personal meaning to you, and Dia Matthews is a lovely name.

If you're worried though, don't tell people until she's born. We've only told close family our LO's name, two of my friends, and one of OH's friends, because everyone else has been so judgemental. OH's friends are awful for taking the mick, and as much as I can take the banter, I don't appreciate it when they're saying my son will get picked on at school for having a stupid name! So I've told OH if he tells them, he's in serious trouble! And I will find out, because my best friend's boyfriend is one of OH's closest friends, so if she finds out, I know it's from him! It's horrible having to keep it from my best friend, but it's only for 8 more weeks!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back