GIRLS NAMES - REALLY STUCK :o(

emma1976

Reaction score
Can anyone help, I am on my own and I can't think of any names at all for a girl, I want a really pretty name, sweet, cute but can't think of any at all. I have looked through names websites and just can't see anything. Everyone keeps asking me and I just say I will wait till she pops out and see what she looks like but even then I think I won't have a name :eek:( The father is extremely fussy and will kick up a stink about the name which makes it even worse to try and think of things as I'll just get grief from him, even though he is useless and has been shi* all through the pregnancy. Not sure why I am bothering to be concerned about what he thinks......help! My baby needs a name.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Emma, we're not sure what our little one is yet but we have decided Keira Megan for a girl, I also liked the sound of Casey but hubby was not fussed about that.

It is hard deciding, I'm sure you'll hear a name one day and you'll love it and that will be the name you choose, don't worry about the father !

x

Thanks honey, the names you have chosen are lovely!
xxxxxxx

I had quite a long list of girls names and then we were told we were having a boy and got stuck!

Our favourite is Eloise

But I also love

Emily (My nans middle name)
Zoe (My mums second choice name for me!)
Sarah (My name and isn't as popular now, but I really like it)

If I think of any others, I'll let you know.

I'm having a boy, but my girl's name was Daisy. I just love it.

HI Emma,

My friend called her two daugthers

Ruby Grace
and
Amber Lucy Mae

Which I thought were really pretty names

Sarah

x

i had a boy but the girls names we had were
Robyn or Ashleigh

If i had a girl i liked the names Phoebe Louise or Lois

Hi Emma chick... well girls names here goes! I have lots but dont want to get too attached to n e incase I hyave a boy. lol. So here goes!

Caitlyn-Grace
Holly, Amber, Hannah, Fern, Isabelle.

Well there is not a lot but those are the ones I like, every1 has the own opinion but its worth a look....

Hope ya ok!
Love Dani xxx

Just thought of the other name I really love

Josie

(shortened from my nans first name Josephine)

From this post and my other one you can tell that I really loved my nan! :D :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hello emma. i was hoping for a girl this time around, but it seems i will be blessed with another boy! since this is my second and last baby, it seems my beautiful girls names will go to waste. If my first son was a girl his name was going to be either Keeley or Kaylee, and with this pregnancy i had picked out Ashlynn, which is my personal fav. hope this helps. it would be nice to know that somewhere in the world there is a lovely little girl with one of these names, even if she isn't mine!!! Good luck!!!

Hmm, Bethan, Megan, Amy, Eleanor, Alice, Becky? If my sprog is a girl she will be called Lucie Eleanor (Eleanor is my Nan's name- she's 92 and also my sister in law's name so it will please both sides hopefully. My Nan shortens it to Len, my sister in law to Lyn but you can also have Ellie, Lennie etc- I like names that you can shorten different ways as it gives the kid a bit of choice over what it gets called).

It's boys names I find so tricky! Especially with Jones as a surname. The ones we like I'm not sure that other people will.

+++

Thanks ladies, lot of nice names I hadn't even thought of. Will write them down and get some names printed off to take to hospital as well. See which one she looks like. You never know I am so indecisive I might even post a picture and get you all to decide what she looks like :) xxxx

well i had two picked out incase i had a girl but im having a boy

1.promise kristine
2. tessa nicole

i also like the name tanna

all unique names maybe ill decide to have more kids just to use one lol

I like loads of girls names - Jessica, Hollie, Mollie, Megan, Ella.

We have decided to call our little girl Emma Elizabeth. Emma was my grandads favourite girls name , he died just after i found out was pregnant , so thats one of the reasons why we have decided with Emma.

Thanks ladies, good choice of name there as well as in Emma :) I would like to name my little un after mum as she died when I was young but her name was Marilyn and her nickname was Sam. I do like the name Phoebe though. Never used to but it's kind of grown on me. Oh, decisions. :) xxxxxxx

Our daughter is going to be called Heidi - i think its a lovely name

L x

well my oldest daughter whos 17 is named justina patrice
and my youngest is called Eberrina bethany
this wee one im going to name her catrin rebecca :D

Emma,

If you're not mad keen on your Mum's name or nickname, but still want to honour her memory, you could always look around for different versions of Marilyn and Sam. You might just find a Spanish, Arabic, Gaelic (etc. etc.) version that you really love. Simple names like Peter and Paul become Pedro, Pablos and Pierre when you look a bit further afield. There are bound to be loads of websites with foreign names to give you a bit of inspiration.

Best of luck

Boo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back